“Great, until the end”

GreenLeadersGold level
Tampa, Florida
“Great, until the end”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful time staying at the hotel until the very end. We received our incidentals form in our room before check-out - it states you can have your bill emailed, faxed or mailed to you. I filled everything out and left it. We waited at valet for 30 minutes and had been asked several times which car was ours. They could tell we were not happy and we were finally told we had to see the front desk before checkout. I went to the front desk and they told me I had to pay our incidentals. My husband and I were SO mad and will NEVER be back.

I also requested a water view room and received a view of the driveway and the tops of buildings.

2 Thank EGriff03
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear EGriff03,

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive comments. I was sorry to hear of your disappointing departure experience especially in light of your enjoying your stay until the end.

Feedback is extremely important to us and how we learn in what areas we need to improve. If you have the time and would like to contact me directly, I can be reached at 941-309-2001.

Best wishes,
Damien O’Riordan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Recently stayed for a conference. Was very impressed with everyone and everything at the hotel except the room. It was either just our floor or something to do with adjoining room doors but the doors and walls are very thin... so thin in fact that i could hear the entire conversation in the next room down to their very private conversation and activities. Sadly we had to call security twice to have their music turned down or have their voices lowered (both calls after 11pm and into early morning).

That is pretty much the only problem, ask if your room has an adjoining door if so then ask for another room if you are not a deep sleeper. By their conversation (which was vulgar at the least and drug reference filled) i was worried that if they were drinking as heavily as it sounded they would smash through the adjoining door at any minute.

The staff were incredible the pool is great, conference space is very nice and the food is wonderful. Did not get to go to the beach club but would have liked to have seen that facility i have heard great things.

Room Tip: light sleeper try to get a room that does not have an adjoining door.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Gainesville
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is my fourth stay at the R-C Sarasota. The staff is very pleasant and capable, and I love being able to walk downtown or over the bridge to St. Armand's Key. My only disappointment this trip was the refurbished bar. The old one had an English library vibe with large, comfortable seats, the new one is sterile and trendy.

1 Thank FloridaAuthor
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a wonderful time! Beautiful & elegant. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The beds were the most comfortable that I had ever slept in.

As a side note, they also provide complementary cribs which is nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Park_Sloper_Gal
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Everything from the location to the service and staff were exceptional. We arrive very early on our check in day and they had our room ready. Gorgeous view from the balcony and the lounge chairs at the pool are some of the most comfortable I have ever experienced. The beach club is just as lovely.
Convenient location to walk to some great restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I just returned from my first and certainly not my last visit to this incredible Ritz carlton. the hotel is right in the marina ,city area of sarasota with all the expected amenities of a RC . This place is so quietly elegant and understated and totally relaxing. The Jack Dusty dining is right on the marina overlooking an incredible pool and was one of the most relaxing ways to start your day in Sarasota. The wait staff was so attentive, suggesting items and so welcoming. I spent over 2 hours at breakfast each morning , tucked in with all my NYC papers and oodles of coffee just appeared.The hotel has an hourly shuttle to their Beach Resort Club on Lido Key that leaves hourly (with a stop at St. Armand's circle for shoppers) and they have figured out how to take all the hassles out of shuttle service making it seem like you have never left the gracious RC service. I went my last day and realized if i had gone day 1 I probably would never have left the beach and seen any of Sarasota.
The pool there was even more lovely than the city venue pool but the beach was the star. Set with all the amenities and great staff I spent hours just swimming in the 90+ degree Gulf waters, watching the occasional school of dolphins and assorted fish. Didn't want to leave to even eat and lunch service was not only delicious but quick and friendly. friends met em there and all i did was tell the beach staff their names and they arrived and said they were welcomed like they also were RC guests. I can't wait to rerun to explore more of this part of Florida and bring my family. this RC is a definite return always on my growing list of rite carlton properties around the world. the Kid's service was a big plus for families with all age kids. Oodles of ocean / pool toys for all ages and of course the ritz Kid's program. Back in the city facility the gym was small but so complete and great daily programs. I have to return just to see the fabled GREEN FLASH sunset at the Beach Facility.

Room Tip: Ask for a Marina View room, the view is soothing and quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank 159madison
New Jersey
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very delighted to share how much I enjoyed my stay at this Ritz Carlton location. Hotel grounds are beautiful, with a classic touch to the décor and ample space for those interested in walking around the premises. The building is within walking distance to a bunch of restaurants and bars.
Every staff member was beyond helpful during our stay. Our servers at the lounge were amazing and complied with every little request we had. Thanks to Emily, Karla, Amanda, Matt and Mizra for making it an extra special experience. Front desk attendants and the drivers who took us to the beach club were equally gracious and helpful. These people define customer service, and they should be commended for it.
Workout room was neat and organized. Was pleasantly surprised to learn that guests can use the spa as part of the amenities. Our room was always pristine thanks to the ladies who took care of the cleaning. We ordered room service late at night, and the food was incredible and arrived in a timely manner.
If you want to vacation without having to worry about a thing, I strongly recommend you invest in this hotel. It was a complete pleasure from beginning to end.

Room Tip: If available, try to get a room facing the water, otherwise you will be looking at the street or the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Hyatt Regency Sarasota
Tropical Beach Resorts
Tropical Beach Resorts
#3 of 12 in Siesta Key
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,336 reviews

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota? Share your experiences!