“Spectacular Service”

The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 August 2014

What a great 3 day vacation. The hotel was beautiful with service that cannot be beat. The staff treated us like we were family---even remembering us by name. The rooms were nicely appointed and had great views from the terrace. I usually don't eat meals in hotels and go to local restaurants. I did both on this trip and can say that their food was fabulous as was their service. Jack Dusty's Restaurant at the Ritz should not be missed.The fresh fish was incredible as were their crab cakes, and handcrafted cocktails. make sure you ask to have the plantain chips with your cocktail.
One evening they had baby lamb chops served in the lobby just because that's what they do at the Ritz!
One morning when we were just having coffee, the server at the coffee bar overheard me say, I just need a bite of something to take my pills. I did not want breakfast, a muffin or roll because I was going to have an early lunch. I was shocked when he brought over a small dish of oatmeal for me at no charge.... Now that is service!!!!!!
I will return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janiss
Write a ReviewReviews (2,284)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Living in Florida on the east coast, sometimes you just want to get away in the summer - but island getaways for us are not appealing when you live in the tropics 365 days a year - but a quick drive to the west coast of the state takes you far enough away without the hassle and just enough relaxation to say that you got away. The Ritz Carlton generally never fails to deliver and this property truly delivers! The staff is truly amazing - extremely friendly, very personable, know your name after first day, and will do almost anything for you. We had upper floor room with club level access which is great when you have 2 younger kids. None of us are huge eaters, so its perfect for us and the Club staff is extraordinary. The hotel has a private beach club that is about 3 miles away - they have a shuttle that leaves on the hour - you cannot ask for a more pristine setting to relax. This is a property that you cant miss

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2014

if you ever hit Disney you will need to get away from it all for a few days. two hours drive away is Sarasota and the Ritz Carlton. The Ritz never fails to deliver and the Ritz in Sarasota delivers in spades. Staff are, as ever, excellent and helpful. The hotel has its own beach club and courtesy hotel bus to get you there, The beach club offers pools, restaurants and a stunning beach location......where if you are lucky dolphins will swim just a few yards from you as you enjoy a dip. The beach club is a great spot for sunsets too. Back at the hotel the rooms are excellent with marble bathrooms and those perfect Ritz beds. I had two suites - go for those facing the water!!!

Sarasota downtown is on your doorstep too - - so if you want a change of scenery you can get it fast and easy

My advice - go, stay, enjoy and go back again!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jfulli007
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I read, as I always do,reviews on trip advisor before booking and was impressed, so booked a king suite for the same price as I had paid for a room down in Miami.Our first visit and it has been fantastic,we where so delighted with everything.The staff from the moment we arrived were all outstanding,I have never experienced anything better any where in the world.Genuine people who really enjoyed giving us the best possible customer service.there are many examples from the valet parking at the front to the young men and ladies at the beach.It is a very opulent hotel as you would expected with great attention to detail.Breakfast and dinner both excellent with good variety all top quality.The Beach Club for us was also brilliant,we planned our mornings for drives out to see the area and returned to the Beach for lunch and to relax.Complimentary sun beds with umbrella bottled water in an ice bucket.This was costing me 50 dollars a day in Miami !
Valet parking at the beach club when we drove there or regular shuttle bus from the hotel .One final note of the excellence here we booked a restaurant recommended by the concierge which was very good but we missed the last shuttle bus back to the hotel,but the hotel sent a driver to collect us with no charge!!
I would like to congratulate The manager and all the staff at the Ritz-Carlton for there wonderful service .

Room Tip: Corner suites are very large with balcony
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Great location just on the sea, rooms lovely ,nice view , nice comfy beds and soft pillows breakfast good but the only draw back is there is only one main restaurant and the menu isn't child friendly and to get to the beach it is 3 miles away and you take a shuffle bus which is part of the hotel ,

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Our family just got back from a 4 day stay at the Sarasota Ritz. We copied what we did last year and went just before our son started back at school. We had a wonderful time and I'd really like to thank everyone on the club level for making our trip so enjoyable. Our thanks to Matthew, Scotty, Tara and Amanda along with those whose names escape me. They were all so helpful with recommendations for restaurants as well as things to do with our children. I had mentioned to Matthew in passing that my husband and I had an anniversary coming up and he surprised us with chocolate covered strawberries/wine in our room. To help other families I will tell you we really enjoyed both the pool at the hotel as well as the beach club pool. Something I learned this year is the Ritz has kayaks and paddle(yolo) boards for guests to use on the bay, we all enjoyed trying them out. I truly can't say enough about the staff, they all truly made our trip carefree, easy and very enjoyable. From the valets to the staff at both pools everyone was gracious,kind and accommodating in every way. Our thanks and we will be back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank atlanta47
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Last time we were at the Ritz, we did not go out to the beach club. This time we did and it is worth the trip. They offer a free shuttle to the beach club and also to St. Armand's Circle (with pick up). We had dinner at the Private Beach Club and it was excellent. The prices were high as expected. We had a Strip Steak and Scallop Scampi. Both entrees were $30 each and were worth every penny. The service was also excellent - as you would expect from the Ritz. The private beach club offered a nice pool area with chairs and umbrellas as well as outdoor eating areas and bar service. On the beach, there are only ownership condos offered. Some are available for rent.

Room Tip: Walls are thin and more noise than expected from the hallways.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CPA316
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Hyatt Regency Sarasota
Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach
The Westin Sarasota
The Westin Sarasota
#33 of 51 in Sarasota

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota? Share your experiences!