“Great Family Restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations, Seating
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Family Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I have eaten here several times and absolutely love the chicken cacciatore (although it is sadly not on the menu every night), antipasto and the pasta specials. The prices make it an exceptional value. Decent house wines. Large tables accommodate tables with large family and/or lots of friends!

1 Thank mnhsrq

Sarasota, Florida
“The Chicken Parm is to DIE for!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

My Husband and I have visited Bistro Figliulo several times. I tried the white sauce Chicken Parm the first time that we were there and it was lacking flavor in the sauce but the chicken was FABULOUS, and my husband had the ravioli's and meatballs and they were excellent. The next time, I ordered the Chicken Parm with the Red Sauce and it was the best I've EVER had! Absolutely loved it!! And everytime we go back, I order the Chicken Parm with Red Sauce, which will keep me going back to this restaurant for many years. The pizza is also very good. Everything is excellent, except they have to work on the Alfredo Sauce. I'll be happy to go back in the kitchen and give them some tips if they'll have me(lol) Love you BF!! You're going to be my BFF for many years!

1 Thank trvlbsrb
Salem, Massachusetts, USA
“Average but good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Most of the patrons seemed to be eating pizza, lots with kids. But we sat outside where it was quiet, had pasta with oil and garlic, which came including a salad, and were satisfied with the value for the money. Good attentive service. We would return and try the pizza next time.

2 Thank E1mb
Bloomington, Illinois
“Disappointed in dinner although Pizza was terrific.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

My friend had the Veal Picatta and was disappointed. The cutlet was thick and heavily coated with breading while the pasta accompanying it was dry and sticky. I had the Seafood 'mush'. It was in a pasta with ONE shrimp on top. Everything but that one shrimp was indistingusible from anything else. It was a mushy conglomeration stuffed in overdone pasta. Our 'large' antipasta was mostly lettuce with (again) ONE shrimp. Don't plan for the antipasta to feed more than one person. Our wine was absolutely thrilling. We had the Coppola Pinot Noir and it was delightful. Our friend with Pizza certainly scored a winner. It was delicious, crisp, hot, subtle sauce and adequate toppings. For pizza, I would go there again. For anything else, I'd pass.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank papofnote
Sarasota, FL
“Finally, great New York style pizza is back in Sarasota”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

From 1972 until 1978, the best pizza in Sarasota (in my New York bred opinion) came from Figlow's Pizzeria. I was heartbroken when Nick Figlow chose to leave the restaurant business to enter real estate, and have spent the ensuing 33 years trying to find a local pizza that was even to what I knew as pizza in my youth. With one exception, none ever came close. Well, my wait is over. Last night my wife and I and two friends had dinner at a new Italian Restaurant in town, Bistro Figliulo, owned and operated by none other than Nick Figlow, returned from the real estate wars. In addition to his once, and soon to be again, famous (and wonderful) pizza, the menu is filled with traditional Italian favorites. The service was superb - friendly and efficient - and the atmosphere delighful (old family photos grace the walls). If you like New York Italian, you will like Bistro Figliulo.

• Visited December 2011