“The BEST Chicken Parm that I've ever had and I've had it many times at Bistro Figliulo”
Review of Bistro Figliulo - CLOSED

Bistro Figliulo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Love, love, love the Chicken Parm with a side of Angel Hair Pasta which comes with it. The best that I've ever tasted, and I've been to Italy. The place is clean, the food is great, the pizza is also delish, my husband and I have eaten there several times since they've opened, and we've never been disappointed with the food. The staff needs to step it up because they tend to be very slow and they seem to cater to regulars more than they do for new and some repeat guests.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

I just had a feeling when we walked in and there was no one there. We had an awful dinner. My mom ordered pasta with garlic and oil as her entree and it was gross. I ordered the pesto pasta with shrimp and the flavor was really bad, I couldn't even eat it. Fried Calamari app was frozen and also not very good. My father ordered the special, a pasta dish with seafood and it tasted canny. I just couldn't believe that it could be as bad as it was. Do not eat here or try the pizza cause i can't comment on that. Our waitress was very nice and attentive.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Bistro Figliulo is a fine choice for a homey, fresh, moderately priced meal. Generous portions, pleasant service in a comfortable setting make it a restaurant we will frequent and recommend.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Pro's: Who eats out on Tuesday? If you want fresh everything on a Tuesday night, try this restaurant. And if you want to make friends quickly and have a few laughs, sit in the bar area. We had an absolutely great time here. The owner has been in Sarasota for many years and just loves saying hello to all his guest. You never know who you may meet there. To me a friendly restaurant is a nice touch. Sure the food is important but add some laughter and conversation and your dining experiance goes up a notch. The sause on the spaghetti was like a recipe I have from a gourmet cookbook. This was pure Italian dining. Cons: Bar waitress needs some sharpening up a little. When we needed something she was on it but we shouldn't have had to ask, she should have known to serve the salt and pepper, cheese, etc. A small thank you for a 22% tip would have been nice.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Nice enough folks but the pizza was cardboard.
Just not authentic. Salad was so-so and the dessert was boxed.
I do not believe they have a chef. Strip mall setting.

2  Thank scopdobble