“Worst Indian I have had”
Review of Seven Hills Cuisine of India - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sarasota
“Worst Indian I have had”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I've been to many in different cities and a few in Sarasota my home. This is horrible. We had dinner here several months ago and didn't like it. Tried it again for lunch and were very disappointed. Lots of little bones in lamb, rice swimming in liquid in Keer, very little chicken in Vindaloo, food tasteless. I really don't need to go into all details, but since I've tried many Indian restaurants, just take my word for it. We won't go back.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste your time or money”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This is NOT a recommended restaurant for Indian food. The food quality is poor, small portions, and unattractively served. The server had an attitude and did not make it a pleasant dining experience. This was our second experience and we will not return.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Dfwferrell
Bradenton, FL
“Felt Literally Cheated”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Purchased a $15 Restaurant.com gift certificate in June for this place. It is a bit of a drive from our house, so we finally arrived to redeem and have a yummy dinner on Saturday night. I lay the certificate on the table and the owner immediately told me it was invalid on Friday and Saturday nights. I told her that simply cannot be. There is no expiration date and certainly no "blackout" days on the certificate, even in the fine print. She agreed, but was unwavering, stating they no longer "took" the certificates but I could still use it, but only Sunday through Thursday. Other than my wife and I, there were 4 other people in the restaurant during our conversation. I pressed on and explained this was a "destination" for us and we had driven 20 miles. Voices were raised and we finally walked out, vowing never to return again. As an aside, my wife went to the restroom as soon as we arrived and told me later that it was absolutely filthy. Perhaps things really do happen for a reason. Good riddance.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank JD-on-CedarKey
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Very disappointing.”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Driving through Sarasota on a Saturday lunch time, we were looking for something different so when we spotted this Indian restaurant proclaiming to be "The best Indian food in Sarasota", we did a U-turn and went back to it. How we wish we'd kept on driving!
First let me say they do not have much competition in the area as Indian restaurants are scarce so maybe this is how they manage to be the best.
There was a party of 5 seated but there was no one to greet us and we waited a minute or two before a gentleman came to seat us. He didn't offer us a menu or explain the procedure for the buffet so we had to ask.
The buffet food looked ok and consisted of a decent variety of dishes. I love the different flavors of well cooked and spicy Indian food, unfortunately this was the worst I have ever tasted. The chicken in the sauce dishes was cut up into tiny pieces and was tasteless, the sauces were very runny and there was a lot of fat on the piece of meat I tried to cut into. To top it all everything was almost cold. We asked for some garlic naan and we're told that the plain naan was included in the buffet price so decided on that instead, I'm not sure whether or not we would have got the naan if we hadn't asked for it. At least it was hot when it came and that is the only positive thing I can say about the whole experience.
I told our server (I think he was probably the owner) that the food was not very hot and he said he would check it, however another 2 couples came in so by the time he got round to tasting anything we had finished eating and asked for the check. I tasted a little bit of everything hoping to find something good but to no avail so ended up only eating half of what was on my plate and still hungry. A lady (his wife?) brought the check and took our payment and nothing was mentioned of my complaint. We were charged in full, $27 for two lunches and two iced teas.
On the bar and in full view of everyone having the buffet were the server's keys, wallet and a pair of rolled up socks. Yes, I'm sure they were clean but I really don't want to see them when I'm eating!
Sometimes bad service can be forgiven if the food is great, and bad food can be forgotten if it comes with good service and an apology but bad food and bad service together is a recipe for disaster. We will not be giving any second chances this time.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank PGFL
Sarasota, Florida
“Enjoyable and well spiced”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I dined here with a friend last night, the food was well spiced and authentic. A special request was taken care of promptly. I am a great fan of Indian food and rate this Indian food as the best in Sarasota. Service was fine . This was my third visit and I tend to find that the foo in the evening is a step up from the lunch buffet.

• Visited October 2013