“3 x bad experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Bond
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Description: Bond is in a 1920's Historic Building. The same builder that built the famous Ca Da Zan that the Ringling family lived in. Inside it decorated in an edgy casual elegance that would resemble small bistro in NYC or LA. If you sit outside we have an Italian fountain with a great people watching bricked deck. Our food is made fresh daily using as many local ingredients as possible to do out part to be sustainable. We have some of the best desserts the city of Sarasota has to offer being made fresh daily.
sarasota
“3 x bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I had the "Beet Salad" with roasted beets and goat cheese on bed of arugula
Mistake! The beets were diced nicely all right, but tasted they got right out of the can. The goat cheese consisted out of a few crumbs. When I confronted the waiter about this he said the beets were roasted and he was willing "to put money" on the table to proof it. What???? A bet with the waiter!
Bad food, bad presentation and bad bet idea!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MartienVGB

Sarasota, Florida
“European Bistro Ambiance is at home in downtown Sarasota!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Let's start with the ambiance. Sitting outside on the patio of Bond, in downtown Sarasota, my friends and I were swept away by this charming bistro with its cobblestone patio, unpretentious tables, and live music, provided smoothly, by a local guitarist. The music and feel transported me back to my travels in Europe.
As we all started with a fairly priced bottle of wine, together with Chevre cheese spread, from which we choose from Bond's simple, yet sophiscated menu. A one page dinner menu, gave me only four entree choices, but my Pork TenderLoin, was all I needed. Tender, juicy and robust, as it melted in my mouth! The staff was really trying to stay on top of our every need, and they were great. We can't wait until our next visit!

1 Thank Kevin M
Salem, Massachusetts, USA
“Really enjoyed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We have been for lunch, but the cafe menu in the evening (I believe Thurs-Sun but check) was a delight. Nice tables outside with I think a new owner who is really trying. Singer/guitarist and a beautiful evening made for a really enjoyable experience. Will return

3 Thank E1mb
Rhode Island
“Lunchtime haven in a charming location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I had the Caesar salad with their salmon-the best perfectly cooked piece of salmon I've ever had. Fresh, delicious food, nice patio, sweet waitress, perfect lunch! Well done Bond!

2 Thank ItalianInspiration
Flat Rock, North Carolina
“nice café, fresh ingredients”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

Located on a corner with outdoor seating next to a fountain, they are open for lunch only. We ate inside with all the doors open to a beautiful afternoon. Service was prompt and professionally friendly. We started with a fantastic appetizer of warm goat cheese sprinkled with golden raisins, almonds and dried cranberries. We scooped this onto still-warm pita wedges. With the sandwiches we had a choice of breads; I'd recommend the ciabatta over the focaccia as the latter made for a too-tall sandwich since the slices were so thick. The sausage and fennel sandwich was the tastiest, it was more flavorful than the turkey club. With four starters, five sandwiches, and seven salads (tacos were in this category) to choose from, the menu is not extensive but allows fresh ingredients to dominate ($8-12 for most).

• Visited January 2012