“great Caribbean cuisine”

Ranked #6 of 1,066 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: At Sofrito Mama's you will find mouth watering, home-style Puerto Rican cuisine. Our menu is filled with a wide array of reasonably priced, traditional meals for the entire family from fried appetizers, rice & beans, roast pork & stews, salads, to signature specialty dishes & delicious homemade desserts. Whether it's lunch or dinner, Sofrito Mama's Latin Comfort Food is just what you need to tickle your hunger fancy.
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Like this place...not really a full service restaurant but great food and we can sit outside with our pup so we like it especially for that reason. The owners are super sweet and we love going here for our Caribbean comfort food fix....we recommend it!

1  Thank o_lynne

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Wife and I had another great meal last night at Sofrito Mamma's. Sweet Plantains, Pork platter, a Fish in Fresh tomato, onion and pepper sauce as well as yellow rice, Also ordered up a couple of
empanadas. Jason at the counter ( owner) makes it fun to come in for carry out or dine on their front walk area in outdoor seating. Definitely casual. No alcohol here but refreshing sweet Latin soda (diet too). Owners from Puerto Rico. Portions are big...always leftovers for home.
I have used them to cater a group of 15 and what a value.....!
Idon't know if I can wait a week before going back there..Hmmmmm.

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

First off, if you are going for the ambience, find someplace else. However, if you are going for the experience and great tasting food, this is your place. The owner and his wife were outgoing and wanted to make sure you knew what you were purchasing. My wife and I really enjoyed the food. Our only wish is that we lived closer to Sarasota. Thanks for the great experience!

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

I'm born and raised here in sarasota so I have a pretty good idea of the restaurants worth going to, and let me tell you, Sofrito Mamas is worth going to. It is latin comfort food at its finest. In the last few months since I found it, I find myself planning on sofritos 1 or 2 times a week! If you are recovering from a night of too much fun or getting off from working all day, this is the comfort food you need. It's the mac and cheese and pizza of latin cusine but with outrageous flavor that my palate begs for. I was originally drawn in by the guisados but I have not tried one thing I didn't like so far. The owners are great people who just want to bring these amazing flavors to our area. If you come to sarasota, do not miss out on Sofrito Mamas!

1  Thank craigschlotterback
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and brought her mother here based on previous reviews on Trip Advisor. Sofritos may be small but the food is big on flavor and serving size. The three of us had the pork platter and the pork was juicy and delicious. The owner took his time going over the menu and answering any questions we had; the husband and wife are customer service focused and are having a lot of fun in their business that comes across to their customers. Try the bread pudding! I hate bread pudding but theirs are very well seasoned and have a very light texture: melts in your mouth.
Go to Sofritos and enjoy their Latin comfort food.

3  Thank Bill M