“Awesome Authentic Puerto Rican food”
Review of Sofrito Mama's

Sofrito Mama's
Ranked #6 of 1,043 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: At Sofrito Mama's you will find mouth watering, home-style Puerto Rican cuisine. Our menu is filled with a wide array of reasonably priced, traditional meals for the entire family from fried appetizers, rice & beans, roast pork & stews, salads, to signature specialty dishes & delicious homemade desserts. Whether it's lunch or dinner, Sofrito Mama's Latin Comfort Food is just what you need to tickle your hunger fancy.
Sarasota, Florida
“Awesome Authentic Puerto Rican food”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I went here for the first time last night, boy I wish I had gone there much sooner than this. Their food is all homemade, authentic Puerto Rican food and it's delicious! The owners are very friendly and welcoming. The portion size is definitely worth the money, which is very reasonable. It is a must for all to try this food. I will surely be back and try other items on the menu. They are a blessing to the community and to their heritage! God bless Sofrito Mama's!!

Nebraska
“Great Food”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Very tasty food. Ate there tonight so this is fresh as was the food. I am vegetarian and the selections are very adequate. I had an empanada, a crispy plantain, a tomato and avocado salad, and black beans and rice. All was very tasty. It is a carry out only restaurant, but you can eat outside if the weather is good. I went back to my hotel to eat. The owner and his wife work the place and he is quite a character. Very entertaining to watch them at work. The price is right and the food is great. They have a daily special and missed the mofongo as that is Thursday. Too bad I don't live here as I would be back.

Jacksonville, Florida
“A great place you have try!!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Went here on tripadvisors advice. What a great place. We love mom and pop operations. The owners are really nice people. Great food, great prices and great service!! What else can you ask for. Skip the chains and try nice places like this.

Anna Maria, Florida
“A Wonderful Surprise”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Do you ever have one of those days where you just don't know what you want to eat? My husband and I had one of those days this past weekend. We started talking about what we wanted for dinner at 10am and still hadn't made up our mind by 5pm so we decided we needed to shake it up and try something new. We were impressed by all the rave reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to give Sofrito Mama's a try.

I grew up in South Florida and am well-versed in Cuban and Puerto Rican food, and this ranks right up there with the best I've ever had not just in a restaurant, but homemade as well. The pork was fall apart tender, the yellow rice toothsome and flavorful, and the maduros perfectly caramelized. I was especially impressed by the spinach empanadas: they filling was sensational, and the crust was absolutely perfect - not too crispy, not too chewy, not too greasy. Everything was exceedingly well-priced, especially considering the generous portions and the owners were knowledgeable, warm, and personable. Tonight is my birthday and I don't care that I've already eaten there this week: I'm heading out to pick up a birthday feast for my family right now.

1 Thank AMIWaterfront
Sarasota
“Food is fantastic”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here after seeing it rated so highly on trip advisor. We were not disappointed. While there are a few tables outside to enjoy your meal, this is a very small restaurant with no indoor seating. However, the food is fabulous. I had the stewed chicken and yellow rice which was the best I have ever had. The chicken was tender and fell off the bone. The sauce that was used for the stewed chicken was a terrific addition to the yellow rice. My wife had the tostones and the beef empanadas and both were delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for some outstanding Puerto Rican home style cooking. You'll get your food on a styrofoam container which makes it easy to bring your leftovers home. I however, didn't have any.