“Authentic and Delicious”

Ranked #5 of 1,079 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: At Sofrito Mama's you will find mouth watering, home-style Puerto Rican cuisine. Our menu is filled with a wide array of reasonably priced, traditional meals for the entire family from fried appetizers, rice & beans, roast pork & stews, salads, to signature specialty dishes & delicious homemade desserts. Whether it's lunch or dinner, Sofrito Mama's Latin Comfort Food is just what you need to tickle your hunger fancy.
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Small, take-out only (chairs to sit outside) this is as authentic as it gets down to the bodega style, family friendly folks. Food hand prepared for freshness and flavor, this is a GEM! Hoping it becomes a real locals place.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Ask anybody who cooks: you'll hear that love is the most important ingredient in any food and there's plenty of it in the food at Sofrito Mama's. The owners were on a first name basis with every customer but us. It was our first time there. But they were on a first name basis with us by the time we left. We both had mofongo, one with fried pork and the other with chicken. This is fried food the way its supposed to be done. You can watch it sizzling in the pan! The mofongo was the best we've ever had. The portion sizes are heroic! In the world of custards, flan is not usually my top choice. But this flan was exceptionally smooth, rich, and full of flavor. The tres leches cake was off the chart good. Highly recommended. Try it. You'll love it.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I just was for a day in Sarasota Goggle for a puertorrican restaurant and I found this treasure. I want it to order the whole menu and end it up with Rice with Gandules, Beef Stew, White rice with red beans, Pork, Mofongo and the specialty of the house Sofrito. Everything was delicious and the Beef Stew I can tell you was the best one ever (thanks God my mom don't have computer) Lol
Owners super friendly, thank you guys for bring a piece of PR to South Florida.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I went here for the first time last night, boy I wish I had gone there much sooner than this. Their food is all homemade, authentic Puerto Rican food and it's delicious! The owners are very friendly and welcoming. The portion size is definitely worth the money, which is very reasonable. It is a must for all to try this food. I will surely be back and try other items on the menu. They are a blessing to the community and to their heritage! God bless Sofrito Mama's!!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Very tasty food. Ate there tonight so this is fresh as was the food. I am vegetarian and the selections are very adequate. I had an empanada, a crispy plantain, a tomato and avocado salad, and black beans and rice. All was very tasty. It is a carry out only restaurant, but you can eat outside if the weather is good. I went back to my hotel to eat. The owner and his wife work the place and he is quite a character. Very entertaining to watch them at work. The price is right and the food is great. They have a daily special and missed the mofongo as that is Thursday. Too bad I don't live here as I would be back.