“Simply the Best !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 1,026 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Sofrito Mama's you will find mouth watering, home-style Puerto Rican cuisine. Our menu is filled with a wide array of reasonably priced, traditional meals for the entire family from fried appetizers, rice & beans, roast pork & stews, salads, to signature specialty dishes & delicious homemade desserts. Whether it's lunch or dinner, Sofrito Mama's Latin Comfort Food is just what you need to tickle your hunger fancy.
Venice, Florida
“Simply the Best !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I'd like to start off by saying that I have dined at some of the top rated latin restaurants while living in NYC and the food in this establishment ranks up there with the best. My wife and I tried the mofongo, white rice and red beans, garden salad, avocado salad and for desert had the tres leche cake . Everything we ate tasted remarkable and the tres leche cake was awesome ! This is a true family run business and their pride shows. The friendliness , cleanliness and food was simply the best. I will be returning over and over again and highly recommend this restaurant to friends and family. Keep in mind that this place is take-out with outside seating ,there is no doubt this place will eventually expand and be around for a long time.

Maitland, Florida
“One of the Most Pleasant Surprises!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My wife and I came to sarasota for 2 days….Anndddd, we ate here for lunch both days! We found it on trip advisor and decided to give it a try. This is a family owned restaurant and the owners simply couldn't be nicer. Their food was on a different level altogether. One of the best cuban sandwiches I've had in my life. (try their dipping sauce and their homemade hot sauce) Their food is cooked with so much love. The beef empanada was out of this world, again be sure to use the dipping sauce! The first day my wife got the arroz con pollo and day 2 she tried their "Wednesday Special" which was a sweet plantain casserole. Lets just say, I'll be dreaming of it tonight… Very inventive, down to earth people. This husband wife and daughter team not only connect with their customers, but its obvious to anyone who goes in there that they have a passion for cooking great food. They really appreciate putting a smile on your face. Well done guys! We will be coming back up from Orlando soon for thirds!!!

San Francisco, California
“Great taste, huge portions!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Visiting friends in Sarasota and we went to Sofrito Mama's to get our Puerto Rican food fix. The menu is limited, but the food is awesome. The portions are huge and can be easily shared. The place is take out only, but they have outside seating. Good food, huge portions, reasonable price = very happy customer!

Visited July 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“Authentic Puerto Rican Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Today my husband and I, who are vacationing on Siesta Key, paid a visit to Sofrito Mama's for lunch. We had the special of the day, Pastelon, with pigeon pea rice and avocado salad. The food was delicious and truly homemade quality! In addition to the quality meal we also had the pleasure of conversing with the owner and chef, who clearly takes pride in her work and graciously welcomes patrons. In addition the ambience and decor of this little gem and the wonderful aroma makes one feel right " at home".This was our first but will clearly not be our last visit. Anyone looking to enjoy authentic Puerto Rican cuisine would not be disappointed no matter how far they would travel to eat at Sofrito Mama's.

Miami, Florida
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were looking for a nice place to have lunch in Sarasota leaving the Cat Depot. After reading the reviews on tripadvisor we chose Sofrito Mamas and were not disappointed. We live in Miami so having that familiar Latin cuisine really made this vacation wonderful. The steak was cooked perfectly with onions and a side of rice, red beans and plantains. Hispanic food is becoming commercialized most places you go so we are glad we can still find a nice mom and pop place serving delicious, fresh, one of a kind meals.