Regency Inn & Suites
US$88
Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$112
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$167
US$161
HotelIndigo.com
Lido Beach Resort(Sarasota)
US$282
US$245
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$247
US$213
US$268
US$216
All reviewsliving roomsmall table with two chairsking suitebudget hotelsnice beddingpots and panscoffee makertamiami trailroom was cleanan overnight stayregular roomsmall kitchenettean older hotelminute drivecomfortable staybusy roadthe ground floor
Reviewed 30 March 2013

This hotel has a "motel" look and feel, without the usual lobby and public space you may be used to. Although a bit dated, the two-room suite was very clean, spacious, and comfortable, with a full kitchenette. Service was very friendly and helpful. A great value - I'd return on another trip.

One hint - bring your own supplies. No coffee is provided, or even paper towels/napkins. However, there is a Wal-Mart (grocery) market only a few blocks south which will handle all your needs.
We enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: The King Suite was very spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stayed for a few days in Jan. The location was great! It was just blocks away from
the Ringling Bros Museum. The suite was a good size and the newly remodeled bedroom
was warm and welcoming. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I would stay there again!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TillieMToiler
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I usually don't care much about the the personality of the management and staff as long as they are basically curteous and do their jobs. Regency was somewhat special. The guests were treated as friends and the atmosphere was very warm. I stayed there 2 weeks in February and felt very much at home. The cleaning staff was also really nice, people one could be friends with The owner Jay Patel gave me the name of a reliable real estate agent in the area, which was a big help. The air conditioner in my room was very noisy so Jay changed my room with no fuss. ..

The rooms were large and light. We had a large bed room and living room with a kitchenette. It had a full size stove and fridge. It was generally not well equipt but if you needed something I am sure the owners would provide it. There was a large screen TV in each room. The suite was newly painted and furniture was in good condition. The beds were comfortable. The carpets were clean and not stained. The wifi functioned well nd the pool was clean.

The Regency did not have the same amenities as many of the other independent hotels. There was a coffee machine and coffee in the rooms but no breakfast. It lacked a hair dryer(I did not ask for one.)and it lacked a safe. I like having a safe to store my passport and credit cards if I stay in a hotel for more than one day. I did not want to take these things to the beach. Although I totally trusted the owners and staff someone could break in.

We were only 2 people so we did not need such a big suite but after awhile it was nice to have some space. It would be perfect for a family.. I enjoyed my stay there and would probably go back again..

. .

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank raela
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I would like to commend the owners of Regency Inn & Suites for being very pleasant, hosptiable and always ready to provide great service. The facilities have been freshly painted and upgraded and with good reasonable prices and a convenlent location, it made for a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorraine155023
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I have stayed at the Regency many times in the past, this most recent trip I stayed for just under a week as I was in town on business.

One of the first things I noticed this time, was that the area around the hotel was really 'cleaned up' since my last visit. This area of town had been notorious for hookers and pushers blatantly walking the streets, even in broad daylight. And although the family that runs this place has always kept the riffraff off of the hotel property, it was not the kind of area that one took walks at night. I don't know if SPD conducted a crackdown on the area or what, but I saw no vice activity during my stay this time. I had no problem walking to the convenience store next door after dark (it's only about 100 feet away).

The family that runs this property is very nice, if you have any issues they will address them for you. They will normally give you a better deal on a weekly rate. The property is old, I'm guessing a typical 1960's Florida 'motor-inn'; but they have repaved and re-striped the parking lot, repainted everything, so it looks nice and clean from the outside.

The rooms themselves are mixed bag. On the plus side, they are very roomy; the beds are very comfortable; I've never had any problems with the heat/ac units; good tv's and channel selection; excellent free wifi; and they have a microwave and big refrigerator which is really convenient for longer stays - much more room than the typical 'mini-fridge'.

My only disappointment is that the furniture (nightstand, dresser-drawers, tables and chairs) are very old and out-dated. They could really use an updating, I think it would make the rooms much more visually appealing.

There is no breakfast served here, but there are many restaurants up and down this stretch of Tamiami Trail. The airport is only a mile north; downtown and the bridge to Lido Key & beach are a short drive to the south. The outstanding Ringling Museum and Estate are very close by, I highly recommend a visit.

All in all, if you're just looking for a quiet and comfortable place to get some rest, at a price that is FAR below what you'd have to pay in this area for a Hyatt or similar class hotel, the Regency is worth checking out. If you're looking for a 'full-service' hotel, with restaurant, bar, concierge service etc., then this place won't be for you.

Room Tip: If you have a family or more than 2 people, they do have some 'suite' style rooms, with a separate sitting area and full kitchen. I'd recommend an upper-level room regardless of which type you select.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank moneylab
kedareshwar, Manager at Regency Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Thank you for taking time and providing your feedback. We are glad you liked our service. We are working on upgrading the rooms. we hope you will hive us an opportunity to serve you again.
Manager