“I will be back......”

Regency Inn & Suites
Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

Extremely friendly people are everywhere. We stayed one week and it was perfect. Next time i'll make a reservation and get a ground floor suite. The 1BR apartment / suite we had was huge. Debbie, the housekeeper was very nice and made sure we had everything we needed. Great value!

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 26 May 2013

This property is highly recommended. Very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Removes the location is 5 minutes by car from the center. Price performance ratio absolutely great!
The reception gave us very good travel tips and attractions in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Frank J
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This motel is neatly kept. The rooms are slightly dated for today's standards, but overall it was adequate. The rooms are spacious and comes with a microwave and fridge. The bathroom was probably the only thing worth complaining about. One, the tub drained slow, which could be fixed with some draino, and the walls could use some new paint. Overall, it was comfortable, the owners and staff were polite and kind. Would stay again when I return to Sarasota.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The facility is older but quite well maintained and the room was very clean. My stay made me think that perhaps I should try independent motels more often. It was an excellent bargain for the money. It was very reasonable for the area and time of year. I was quite impressed by the cleanliness of the unit and the fact that everything worked! Being an older facility, all of the rooms open to the outside which is convenient. Even though there were several long term residents, it was very quiet. The bed was comfortable and the linens were crisp and clean. A full kitchen was provided for longer stays. Short on amenities other than soap and kitchenware but that is not a complaint. I will definitely consider staying there again in the future. It was refreshing to find a nice clean room at a reasonable price. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2013

This hotel has a "motel" look and feel, without the usual lobby and public space you may be used to. Although a bit dated, the two-room suite was very clean, spacious, and comfortable, with a full kitchenette. Service was very friendly and helpful. A great value - I'd return on another trip.

One hint - bring your own supplies. No coffee is provided, or even paper towels/napkins. However, there is a Wal-Mart (grocery) market only a few blocks south which will handle all your needs.
We enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: The King Suite was very spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stayed for a few days in Jan. The location was great! It was just blocks away from
the Ringling Bros Museum. The suite was a good size and the newly remodeled bedroom
was warm and welcoming. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I would stay there again!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TillieMToiler
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I usually don't care much about the the personality of the management and staff as long as they are basically curteous and do their jobs. Regency was somewhat special. The guests were treated as friends and the atmosphere was very warm. I stayed there 2 weeks in February and felt very much at home. The cleaning staff was also really nice, people one could be friends with The owner Jay Patel gave me the name of a reliable real estate agent in the area, which was a big help. The air conditioner in my room was very noisy so Jay changed my room with no fuss. ..

The rooms were large and light. We had a large bed room and living room with a kitchenette. It had a full size stove and fridge. It was generally not well equipt but if you needed something I am sure the owners would provide it. There was a large screen TV in each room. The suite was newly painted and furniture was in good condition. The beds were comfortable. The carpets were clean and not stained. The wifi functioned well nd the pool was clean.

The Regency did not have the same amenities as many of the other independent hotels. There was a coffee machine and coffee in the rooms but no breakfast. It lacked a hair dryer(I did not ask for one.)and it lacked a safe. I like having a safe to store my passport and credit cards if I stay in a hotel for more than one day. I did not want to take these things to the beach. Although I totally trusted the owners and staff someone could break in.

We were only 2 people so we did not need such a big suite but after awhile it was nice to have some space. It would be perfect for a family.. I enjoyed my stay there and would probably go back again..

. .