“Imaginative fun for small kids”

The Children's Garden
Ranked #54 of 143 things to do in Sarasota
Sarasota, Florida
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Imaginative fun for small kids”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Took my grandkids, ages 2,5 and 9 who had great fun because they are very imaginative. They enjoyed the decor because it was an amagamation of ordinary objects put to extraordinary use. They picked out object after object as ideas for daddy to add in their own garden. We played "who can find..." and they scrambled to be first to spot the object of desire.
Weeks later we returned with Grandpa and they delighted in getting him "lost" in the maze and pointing out favorite spots. I agree with other reviewers that it it is a bit pricey but not those who only see "junk". Look through the eyes of a child and see fantasy.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank DrMath

Tampa, Florida
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Has potential but needs an update”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We went here and we liked the concept but it is very small and worn out. It should be expanded and needs to be kept up better.

Bradenton, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great place to let imaginations sore and little legs run!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We just had a small get together here for my daughters 6th birthday. The eight girls, ages 2 to 6 had an absolute blast! I love so many things about this place. The owners are super nice, its very colorful and artistic. Its outdoors. Before you enter the garden there is a large open room full of dress up clothes for the kids (and there are adult sizes too). Of course the girls LOOOOVED this and revisited the dress up room several times while we were there and changed their outfits. The garden consist of several paths leading to various kid enchanting places like Hobittville, a rain colorful bamboo rain forest with misters, a pirate ship, lots of things to climb, sandbox with giant octopus, etc.... There is also a large wood stage with several tree stumps for seating. Our girls put on a wonderful show. They had a blast and I think I had just as much fun as they did just seeing them run around the place. We love love love the Children's Garden. $5 for kids 3 and over, $10 for adults.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Christina A
Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“So-so at best”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We visited the Children's Garden during the first week of July 2013 in Sarasota. I read the tripadvisor reviews and thought I understood what to expect. Bottomline, its simply too much money for what it is. I believe we paid over $25 for an over-run garden filled some hap-hazard things thrown in the mix with some imaginative titles. My five year old and two year old made the best of it for an hour or so, but there isnt much to do and perhaps because there were no other kids (none! not a single paying guest in sight!), they tired of it easily. Actually, the two old could have stayed longer but the rest of us were hot, bored and being bitten alive by mosquitoes (though they did kindly leave out bug spray for guests). It seems like a kind place with good intentions, but there really isnt much to it and it could be kept up much better. I would recommend the Jungle Gardens or the Mote Aquarium or even a public playground instead. Anything but... save your money.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank lullabye72
Venice, Florida
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Wonderful family day!”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Wonderful place for a play date with your kids or grandkids. Try and make it when they are having a special event as they are lots of fun!

Visited April 2013