“One Stop place for all things "fishing"....”

CB's Saltwater Outfitters
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: CB's Outfitters offers Boat Rentals and Fishing Charters on Siesta Key and specialize in retail sales. Live bait shrimp is delivered daily and always have other options in stocked frozen bait. We carry top brands in sun clothing, hats, accessories, shoes & sandals, sunglasses, and much more. Proudly serving Sarasota since 1959, CB's is a must visit destination for boating, fishing, and beachwear.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We'd planned our first trip to Siesta Key a year ago. I'd ordered, via phone, a gift certificate for my husband for his birthday last November, which they sent immediately, to him in Ontario, Canada. He spent it all last week during our 2 week visit, then some!! He also purchased a few fishing shirts, souvenir items, casting net, etc, etc, etc!! He got his bait, which wasn't as plentiful as we'd expected, each morning for fishing on our beach. (the live shrimp were very small and not lively at all, to no fault of CB's) We booked a stand up paddle board (SUP) through the store as well, which was delivered and picked up, on time, at our condo for $40.00 for 4 hours which was comparable to other local water sport companies providing the same service. We booked a half day private fishing charter through the store, where we met with Captain Roy String in Sarasota to catch a variety of fish in the Sarasota Bay....which we did!!! Thanks so much Roy, we had a fabulous time and will be in touch next year when we return!!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"family fishing"
"great store"

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great experience. Booked through CB Island Outfitters, after we rented a boat for the day. Jonathan, mark and JT made the entire experience great. Highly recommend and well worth the money.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Captain Kelly Kurtz of Mangrove Charters did an awesome job taking myself and my 7year old son on a night fishing trip. He was patient and taught my son the right techniques to catch different fish. My son had a blast catching mangrove snapper, trout, snook, and a big redfish that got away once to the boat (what a fish). Captain Kelly worked his butt off to make sure we had a good time and to put us on the fish. If you are looking for a great fishing guide, I would highly recommend Captain Kelly.
Thanks,
Chad and Deacon

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I surprised my soon-to-be husband with this fishing trip June 3 2009 (married June 5th). I am preparing to surprise hubby with another fishing trip and I remembered I NEVER reviewed this AWESOME captain and AMAZING trip.

5 YEARS later hubby is still showing the fishing footage!

Capt Jim Klopfer was patient, experienced and funny. We had a wonderful time and I tell everyone who goes to Sarasota to look him up. He picked us up close to our hotel (seems the route was on the way to fishing spot) he said we didn't need to drive so far since he was passing us anyway! THEN he cleaned the fish.

We had such an amazing time that we STILL talk about it. I've been VERY remiss in not giving a review at the time. So sorry Capt Jim!!!