“Mixed review”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I dined with my friend. The waiter was initially very friendly. Food was good, not great. It was nicely presented. Service broke down completely after food was served. We never saw the waiter again. No bread for our table. No refills on iced tea. We had to flag down a bus boy to get the waiter back so that we could pay the bill. I am really surprised as Sarasota is very competitive for restaurants, and there are many good Italian restaurants in town. Based on service we won't return.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

One of out friends recommended this restaurant so we thought we would give it a try. Have to say the food was amazing and the service was outstanding! We will defiantly be back!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

My wife and I dined for the second time tonight at El Pescador, just down the trail from where we are staying. We enjoyed the meal tonight as much as we did the first. I had a terrific seafood dish, my wife had a very cheesy and delicious linguini Alfredo. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, the environment is cozy and the pricing quite reasonable. We will be back for sure!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We went on a Sunday evening and were seated immediately. The first waiter who approached the table did not sk whether anyone wanted drinks. He told us about 2 specials and didn't return.The second waiter told us there were additional specials but again did not ask for a drink order. He returned and took our order but did not bring bread to the table. After we finished our appetizers, the waiter returned and asked for our entrees,because he said he lost the original slip. One of our party had asked for sole with no added salt. He failed to note this, so the dish was too salty to eat. The waiter did not refill empty soda glasses. With the exception of the over salted sole, which was graciously exchanged, the food was excellent, especially the fresh pasta.The waiter brought the check but did not inquire whether anyone wanted desrt or coffee. THe waiter really diminished the experience of what should have been a good meal.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

We had dinner this past week with another couple and all were very pleased with our meals. The other couple has eaten at El Pescador several times and has always been pleased, so they wanted us to experience it too. The location is in a nondescript area just north of downtown on US 41. Service was excellent-attentive but not hovering. Adequate wine list. The bread is warm and crusty. It was hard to stop at one piece. My snapper (and I do believe it to be snapper) was delicious. My husband had a pasta with scallops, shrimp, mussels-he loved it. The other couple had lasagna and a chicken breast dish. Dessert was a very generous portion of Tirimisu that was quite good. I would highly recommend this restaurant. It was a great find.