“Wonderful experience kayaking with Chris.”

Sea Life Kayak Adventures
Ranked #1 of 86 Tours in Sarasota
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Small, personalized tour groups, updated equipment including new, light, fatigue-reducing carbon fiber paddles, comfortable and easy to maneuver kayaks....And still the lowest prices guaranteed. Just a few reasons to come kayaking (tour or rental) with Sea Life Kayak. Explore exotic mangrove tunnels, paddle among manatees, dolphins and much more...With the premier kayak company in Lido, Siesta, and AMI. The owners of Sea Life Kayak Adventures come from science and conservation backgrounds and are members/volunteers of several environmental and wildlife organizations. While other companies are herding dozens of paddlers onto the water, we limit our groups to enhance the experience of our paddlers and especially the wildlife, minimizing our impact on fragile ecosystems. We use top quality, comfortable and easy to use kayaks perfect for novices or pros (most paddlers are newbies which we love), and provide instruction before we launch. Manatees, dolphins, flying rays, flying fish, cormorants (swimming with us or even riding on our boats!), And much, much more can be seen up close. We believe in tailoring our tours to our clients and having fun! Kayaking is not just our business, it's our passion. Thanks-Tom and Lauri
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience kayaking with Chris.”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had a great time kayaking. Chris was our guide and he was very cool, funny and knowledgeable about the area. He definitely made us feel comfortable on the water. We wish we could have seen some dolphins and manatees but overall, it was a wonderful experience.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank ktstop

Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great time”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our kayak tour was a great experience, it was my first time doing kayak. The tour lasted approx. 2h30/3hrs, we went through mangrove tunnels which were pretty interesting but which can be pretty scary at the same time. Unfortunately we didn't see any manatees nor dolphins but only birds going under our kayak fishing inside the water. Our guide was very helpful and gave us good informations about the area.

2 Thank Benjamin D
Athens, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome day on the water”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our kayaking trip was phenomenal. We took the morning trip to look for sea life and then navigate the nearby mangrove tunnels, and it was amazing. Our guide, Chris, was personable and pleasant and patient with everyone. We saw a manatee (they are just as adorable as you imagine them to be) and the mangrove tunnels are a truly unique thing to see. It was affordable and my son and I both had an amazing time!

1 Thank Lona P
Ellenton, Florida
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Most awesome, patient, knowledgable kayak company ever!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I can't say enough about Sea Life Kayaks. I rented from them once before and had a great experience, so when we decided to take our two exchange students kayaking I called again. We invited a few of the other kids to come along... and, well they're teenagers... so word got out... and... we ended up with 50+ kayakers in the water yesterday!!!!!!

Sea Life Kayaks didn't bat an eye! They were absolutely AWESOME- I must have called them a hundred times to add a kid, remove two kids, add some adults, change singles to tandems, change trip date, change trip time (yes, I really did this trying to accommodate the large group- the list goes on and on!!) they just smiled and said, "sure thing!" every time I called. I even had to make changes at 10pm the night before the trip (8:30am) and ... no problemo. Smooth sailing.

I will use Sea Life Kayaks for the rest of my days. Their professionalism and organization (despite my own lack of!!) earned my loyalty as a customer forever. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!! Thank you for finding enough boats and having them there on time! Our kids had a brilliant trip thanks to you!!!

PS. The S. Lido Kayak Launch is located at 109 Taft Drive if you're trying to find it on your phone. There are bathrooms and picnic tables- it's a lovely park!

2 Thank sbuete
Bradenton, Florida
“Great Day on the Water”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had a great time with our Guide, Chris. Very knowledgeable of the area. The mangrove tunnels were totally cool