“Great Chicago Italian Beef Sandwiches”
Review of Little Joes Italian Beef - CLOSED

Little Joes Italian Beef
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Moving to Florida from Chicago ten years ago, I learned the state has many wonderful things, but Italian beef sandwiches are difficult, if not impossible, to find. I didn't really know it was a "Chicago thing", but it is. There are lots of Italian American people here, mostly from the northeastern part of the country and they don't seen to know about these sandwiches. Then we found Little Joe's a week ago while visiting Sarasota, and have been there twice.

The restaurant is a walk up and place your order kind of place with seating in a separate room. It all looks new, clean, and fresh. Joe gives you your drink (I don't think free refills are available here) and you find a seat in the next room. The sandwiches, in my experience, arrive almost immediately in plastic baskets. There are other choices on the menu but I haven't looked beyond the Italian beef sandwiches.

We'll be visiting this restaurant each time we visit Sarasota.

There are newer reviews for Little Joes Italian Beef

Reviewed 19 February 2013

Had a chicken cheesesteak, I was very happy. The roll was good, but the insides were even better. Onions, provolone, peppers and mushrooms, were tasty and plentiful, for just under $9 you get a great value in my opinion.

Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

The only problem with the place is the price of the food. I get less expensive sandwiches in one of the most expensive places to live in the US: Chicago. But this is the good stuff. And the guy did move into some expensive frontage on the main road between Sarasota and Bradenton. So, all things considered, a good experience with superior food.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Great owner, really took the time to explain our options. Then, the food. Yeah! GOOD stuff! Did I mention how reasonable the prices are?

Honestly, you can't go wrong here. Lunch or dinner, you ought to give Joe's a try.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Great food...best Cheese Steak sandwich I ever had...melts in your mouth!
The owner/manager was so fieindly...made me feel right at home!! We are moving from Chicago to Venice Florida.......We will be at Little Joe's VERY often!