Coquina On The Beach
Good 3.5/5
US$114
HIExpress.com
Very Good 4/5
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$98
ComfortSuites
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$296
US$217
Priceline
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsold floridalido keyfull kitchenlido beachplenty of beach chairsdressing areaarmand's circlenice kitchenlounge chairssand dollarsbeachfront hotelprivate beachwe loved our staypool areabit datedlocation is greatbeach front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We just returned from a one-night stay at Coquina and I have to give it positive reviews. We took a major chance and drove to Sarasota from the east coast of Florida with our 2 sons (ages 2 and 7 mos) and scottish terrier. We were actually there to look at some real estate and figured that we might have to make the almost 3 hour drive home being that it is the height of the season. How lucky we were that the Coquina had one room left! Especially lucky that they accepted our dog. Here is my review:

We usually plan ahead and stay in resorts so I have almost no experience with smaller motels. I found the staff to be very pleasant and accommodating. Our room was older but we didn't mind as it had that "old Florida" beach motel experience. It was very clean and i did not feel uncomfortable having my your baby in the room. Our studio had 2 full beds and we found them to be very comfortable and the studio was rather roomy and comfortable. it even had a full kitchen which would have been very handy if we were staying longer than one night.

The real attraction to this motel is the location - right on beautiful Lido Beach! It is only a few properties down from the Ritz-Carlton. There seemed to be plenty of beach chairs and my boys enjoyed playing in the shade of one of the two tiki huts. The pool looked very clean and the water felt warm when I dipped my toe in.

I did notice quite a few people walking their dogs on the property but I did not see any mess and I did not hear any barking. My dog enjoyed walking along the sidewalk in the morning on the street as there was plenty of grass.

Finally, you cannot beat the price of this hotel, especially considering it's location. I would recommend this hotel and I would go back with my family as it is a pleasure to be able to travel with our pet.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank wpbdiver
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Old Florida motel on the beach that was as clean and charming as it could be! HUGE room with a complete kitchen and all the dishes etc. VERY clean! Very quiet.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Just got back from Coquina and I loved it. Great place, beach was awesome, pool was clean, rooms were spacious and the staff was very nice. We were 3 adults, a teenager, 2 kids and a dog. Nobody was bored, we all had an excellent time. Before we left we were already planning our next visit and were offered a return visit discount rate from them-score!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 3 March 2011

the location was great. in room and walk right out to the beach! the rooms were clean and well equipped. good for Ikea! although an older building, you can see it's well kept.
the location is great for the beach but you'd better do food shopping before you arrive. not much around there.
also, noticed a great park just up the street!
the heated pool offered a relaxing alternative to the ocean.
but i love the ocean! refreshing!
all this is good but the service provided by office manager AMY and her staff, Ms Shannon were exceptional in this world of ill-service. Friendly, accommodating and so pleasant. always made me feel welcome each time and walked in the office with another question. i, myself work in the service industry and i know when individuals are sincere. these gals were. A smile on their face and a "let me help" will surely have me recommending Coquina On The Beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2011

The hotel is on a beautiful beach. It is budget, but nice budget. Very clean. Very nice staff from the front desk to the cleaning ladies. Roomy also, the bathroom and dressing area were more than a regular hotel room offers. The room was big for an efficiency. I stayed in an efficiency and had everything I needed. The kitchen was a tad worn, but who cares since it was immaculate and had basic necessities. I would stay here again with no hesitation. For the money it is a good value. No worries all good.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple