“the best family hotel on Lido beach”

Coquina On The Beach
Ranked #27 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
Sarasota
“the best family hotel on Lido beach”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We love coming out to Coquina just to get away from it all, the rooms are large and they have every thing you need, the beach view is awesome and the staff is friendly and helpful, we have been past guests for the last 10 years !

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kendrasarasota

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Plant City, Florida
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Once again leaving after a weekend of fun and relaxation was so bittersweet. Our room was clean and cheerful and beautifully laid out. Having stayed at Coquina many, many times over the last few decades I can truthfully and honestly say I would hesitate to ever stay anywhere but here. There are never any unwelcome surprises. I feel so at home in the rooms and out by the pool. Guests are nice and family and pet friendly. I find that most of the guests are from the Polk and Eastern Hillsborough County area. Local's love to come back time and time again. I heard story after story of their love for "our" favorite beach spot. Amy and the rest of the staff are always so sweet and accomidating. I just love my beach get away place. Hold me a room, Amy! I'll be back soon. lol

Room Tip: I've stayed Beachside, Poolside and Patio rooms and never been dissastified. The only reason I...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank BrendaRay
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Staff was outstanding & you can't beat the location or the price. We couldn't of had a better time! Coquina On The Beach is tucked away from busy areas but still very close to many areas offering shopping, dining, nightlife, etc.. You will also find several amenities that are not available at other places. Those ranged from hammocks on the beach, shelter houses & the best of all... BBQ grills on the beach. Being able to grill on the beach with the breeze from the ocean, sounds of waves breaking & the beautiful view makes these grills are great added bonus to your stay. We loved our stay & will definitely return

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank GosserFamily
Bradenton, Florida, United States
Reviewed 17 May 2013

If you are looking for an upscale high rise, this is not for you. BUT if you want a clean place to bring your fur-kids for a nice beach front get-away, this place is for you. Nuttin' fancy, but that's how I like my beach get-a ways! My husband and our 2 large breed dogs have stayed 2x, And we came and visited with my girlfriend and her Pug just a few months ago. Clean, & accommodating. The staff will let you stay late if they can. Will stay there again!

Room Tip: beach front.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Cincinnati OH
Reviewed 12 April 2013

This condo is right on the beach with excellent views of sunsets. Unit was clean and the kitchen was well equipped. Pool was small but clean and nicely heated. You can wallk down the beach and be at local restaurants and bars. They are a perfect distance away-not too close not too far. The free trolley will get you there otherwise. We had no problems with this place and would recommend it.

• Liked — location, view
  • Disliked — cleaning fee
  • Stayed March 2013
1 Thank harlow07
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 27 March 2013

My family has been going to the couquina on the beach growing up so it is a tradition! It's a little run down but in excellent condition due to the salty air being so hard on it and how long it has put up. I love the employees were treated like a family and they are very friendly :) It is a very safe place to be. I have been going for 12 years and I am 12 years old! Overall I'd say its great.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are large and sunny
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Our recent stay at the Coquina was great. We stayed there last year and will return next year. We love seeing the new improvements every year. It was clean, roomy and the price was amazing for that area. The location can't be beat - right on the beach. However, you have to understand that it is an older property and it is in the process of being updated. That said, if you are looking for a clean, roomy, beach front property at a good price, the Coquina fits the bill. Did I mention that the staff is exceptional?

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family