The Staff at the Coquina on the beach are the best!!! They always went out of thier way to help us. It is an older hotel that was built in the 50's. It has been taken care of very well. The showers are great!! altho it is so hot there you have no need for using the hot water.. You can take your pet no matter the size... I have a 115 lbs Rotty and they were so nice to her...
The hotel is in a great location on the beach but if you need a store it is a drive to Sarasota..
The reason for the heading of my review...
I will never visit this city again!!! It is way too hot that far south in Florida.. I am not too young but am in my 30's.. There is nothing to do for people my age... Everyone was old! The people in the business were all rude.
The beaches were not taken care of by the city and there were dead Horseshoe crabs everywhere.. The smell was very bad... the water was not like any of the pics I have seen...
So if you have to visit Sarasota or Lido Key.. I would highly recommend Coquina on the beach!!! It is not fancy but it is very clean!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quaint, old-Florida style beach hotel on Gulf of Mexico with studio and suite efficiencies. Nestled on beautiful Lido Key in Sarasota, FL, just minutes from renowned St. Armanda's Circle and Downtown Sarasota. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Coquina On The Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coquina On The Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Coquina On The Beach Sarasota, Florida
- Coquina Beach Sarasota