“Another great stay - helpful staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Myers, FL
“Another great stay - helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for a business meeting. It was my second stay and found the staff members to be very helpful. I was recognized as a rewards member and was thanked for my loyalty. Our meeting was held at the hotel and the room worked out great. Having the breakfast in the morning included made it easy to grab a bite to eat before the meeting started and one less thing to expense. The front desk gave us information on St. Armands Circle where we went for dinner. The hotel was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SunnySideUp0506
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear SunnySideUp0506;

Thank you for the great review, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and post it on Tripadvisor.com .

It is always great to hear compliments regarding my staff during your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East.

Happy to hear that your meeting went well and was successful.

Again, thank you for posting a review of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota, I truly appreciate it.

Randy Paradine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Westerville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

My wife and I recently stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with our dog. The staff was very friendly and willing to do anything to help us and make us feel welcome. The rooms were nicely furnished and very clean. Breakfast was especially good and the cookies in the lobby at night were great. The cleaning staff were all very friendly and accommodating also.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor, which was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Thomas B
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for the 5 star rating on tripadvisor, I truly appreciate your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found my staff very helpful. Yes the cookies are a big hit during the evening hours.

I just wanted to take a moment and again thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I really appreciate the comments. I look forward to your return visit to the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East the next time your travels bring you to our area.

panama city, florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is not a new property but it is clean and the operators are making an effort to keep the property in good repair. The hotel is newly painted and everything is very clean. There are needed repairs in the rooms that i have to make note of. Electrical plug inn sockets are worn out and really need to be replaced. The lamp on the desk has 2 electrical sockets and neither of them were operable. The air conditioner in my room was particular noisy, worked well with cold air but the dryer did not. It was cold wet air that became more irritating than comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota. I appreciate the comments you made and thank you.

I am sorry that we fully did not meet your expectations, if you could please email me at rpardine@hiesarasota.com to please give me the room number that you stayed in while here, I would greatly appreciate it, so we can make those needed repairs.

Thank you for recognizing the fact that we are making every effort to ensure our guest have a great stay while here, that we are doing a lot of work in the guest rooms to ensure guest satisfaction.

I do hope to hear from you so we can make those needed repairs. I also do hope that when your travels bring you to the Sarasota area, that we will be your first choice for a hotel to stay at.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review my hotel on Tripadvisor.

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express before, and have had good experiences. This hotel lived up to my expectations.
The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Other hotels I have styed at recently have left me with the impression that they did not like the fact that I had booked the room through Expedia. Not so with this stay. The check in and check out process was pleasant.
The room was clean and did not have the all to common smell of cleaning products. There is a large bathroom and the bed was very comfortable. The only negative about the room was the plastic mattress cover...
I went to the lobby for a snack and was pleased to see a wide assortment of food that could be heated in the room with a microwave. Also, there were fresh baked cookies in the lobby, which was a nice touch.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jerryd989
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 5 star review of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East. I very much appreciate the kind comments and very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our guest sure do enjoy the fresh baked cookies each night.

I hope that the next time you are in the Sarasota area, that the Holiday Inn Express East will be your first choice for a place to stay.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to review the hotel.

Mid Florida, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

2 nights, business trip.

I usually like HIE and use them whenever possible. This was by far the worst hotel stay I have had in years.

When we got checked in and walked into our room, both of us stopped and went 'ugh' from the musty smell of the room. There was a distinct mildew tone to the room. If I had not prepaid with no way to get my money back, I would have left.

I wish I had sucked it up and left anyway.

Eventually I tracked down the mildew smell to the AC unit. We came in from a hot afternoon and I went over to the AC unit to turn the temperature down. When I did, it kicked on and I got a full blast of stinky mildew right in my face. God only knows how poorly maintained this unit has been but I pity anyone staying there after us.

The next morning I had a swollen lymph node in my neck so huge that you could see it. My throat hurt terribly and I know it was from that AC. But we had our meeting all day and I just worked through the pain (I actually felt better away from the room). Sleeping there one more night just about did me in - especially when we got back that afternoon and found a COCKROACH in our bathroom!!! And we were on the 3rd floor! God only knows how nasty the kitchen was if the hotel was infested to the third floor.

As for the rest of the room - it had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker - thankfully we never used any of them. Who knows how many bugs crawl all over those. The bathtub always had standing water in it because the floor of the tub was sunken - you could tell it was an old tub. The toilet made a terrible wheezing noise every time you flushed it - so it must not be maintained either.

The area the hotel is in is not very nice. Lots of strip malls, tons of traffic, and it's impossible to get into - having to make U Turns to get to it.

Please - stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Anna A
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Anna A;

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing my hotel on Tripadvisor. I am very sadden to see your review and the experience that you had at my hotel. This is by all means not the norm at this location. We have been doing a full maintenance program on the hotel since new ownership took over the hotel in the late summer this year.

We have been going into each room and repainting and deep cleans and maintenance on the whole room. Also each month we have professional exterminators come to the hotel and service the rooms for pest.

If you would please contact me to further discuss your experience at my location, I would greatly appreciate it. I can be reached by email at rparadine@hiesarasota.com or by phone at 941-925-0631.

I would welcome the chance to give us another try!!

Centennial, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We got into Sarasota around 11pm after driving 1500 miles over the course of a couple days. We had made reservations earlier in the day with no problem and had given them our credit card information and a cell phone number. When we got to the hotel, we were informed that the hotel was overbooked and there was no room for us. We were told that they were "working on it." But the fact was that it was 11pm and the problem wasn't solved. When we asked why they hadn't called us, they said that they were trying to solve the problem for us; however, there was the possibility that we would have to go to another hotel.

Luckily, the problem was solved by the front desk staff and the manager (who didn't even have a nametag) within about 20 minutes. However, there was no apology, no sorry for the inconvenience, no thank you for your patience, no nothing. In fact, we practically had to interrogate the front desk lady to learn where our room was, what time breakfast was, etc.

The room was suitable and clean, but the Internet would log you out after about 2 minutes of inactivity, so you had to keep logging in, which was super annoying. The breakfast had great food (both in selection and quality), but it was overcrowded and understaffed, so food and dishes were in short supply. The business center printer didn't work and you had to go to the front desk just to get pencil and paper, by which point the computer would be snatched up by somebody else in the overcrowded lobby.

Even when we left, the manager was so rude. He never thanked us for our stay or apologized for the problems the night before. He clearly didn't care about our business. The hotel worked out for one night, but we will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Rachel F
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry, that you had this experience at my hotel. This is not the type of service that I am training my staff to give.

I recently took over as the General Manager of this hotel, and I working with them in how to give EXCEPTIONAL service. The service that people will think this is a GREAT HOTEL, GUEST LOVE.

I am truly sorry that there was confusion regarding your reservation, I am going to use your information and your experience as a coaching and consuling situation and how to deal with a sold out hotel and making sure that everything is accounted for.

I truly hope that if your travels bring you to the Sarasota area again, that you would give us another attempt. Please feel free to call me to help with your reservation if you do come back to this area.

Again, my apologies for your experience here at my hotel.

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I usually stay at HI Express when I do quick trips. Mostly business. Don't expect high class but do expect some normal lodging. Being a B & B owner myself I was completely satisfied. Check in painless, room clean, great A/C, nice bed. Full water pressure. Nice nreakfast. Finding the entrance was a bit difficult. Would have preferred the TV to have HD channels, but I am sure it's in the future. I will be back if in the area again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 4 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East. I truly appreciate it.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Getting into the hotel is a tad bit difficult, the new owner is trying to work with the city to come up with better directional signage to get to the hotel.

I appreciate your comments regarding your stay here, they are very important to me and my staff as the new General Manager of the property, it was great to read your review.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay, I do appreciate it.

Siincerely,