This hotel looks nice, but that's about it. We had one of the worst experiences that we've ever had in a hotel. We met my parents here so they could see their grandson a few days, and I wish we'd picked a different hotel. The first night we were there my son had an accident on the bed, so we called down for clean sheets. They brought up queen sized sheets for our king bed, so we called down again and told them that my husband would come down and pick up some king sheets. When he got down there they told him that there were no clean king sheets, but there were some ones in the washer. They weren't sure if they were clean, so he was asked if he wanted to smell them to see if they were up to his satisfaction. They ended up telling us to "work with our dirty sheets." He ended up spending two hours that night trying to find an ATM to get money for the hotel's laundry facilities and to wash our sheets. He brought this up to the general manager the next morning, who fixed the problem. Our stay just went downhill from there. Most of this review centers around the housekeeping staff. The second day we were at the hotel the maid had not come, so at around 3:30 we called down to the front desk and requested a maid to come clean our room in a few minutes. Several maids came to our door a few seconds later and my husband asked them if they could return in a few minutes, as we were just getting ready to leave for dinner. They told us that they were supposed to getting off and they wouldn't return, so we all just sat in the room while they hurried around the room and made it apparent that they were very displeased that they were called into our room. They were in our room maybe three minutes and didn't even give us new toiletries. The next day at around 2 the maid still hadn't come to our room, so my husband went to the front desk to request maid service. The person at the front desk informed my husband that the maid usually does the rooms every other day, but she'd send one up. I don't know if that is true or not, but I don't know how they expect people to get clean towels or empty their trash. On the fourth day, my husband had to run an errand. He ran into the maid on the way out and she told him to go back bring her all our towels. He also had to bring our trash out later and empty it himself. I thought it might just be us, but my parents also had a bad experience with the housekeeping staff. They were on a different floor as us, so it couldn't have just been our block of rooms. Of all the things that happened to them I think the worst was the day they were going to check out. A maid came to their door at 10 am (well before check out time) and informed her that she needed to get out because it would be easier for her. She said she had 16 rooms to clean that day and she needed to clean her room now. I don't know why she just didn't go to another room and come back. When my mom was done packing everything up, which took about 15 minutes, the maid was outside her door tapping her toe. My advice to this hotel: re-train your housekeeping staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are coming to beautiful Sarasota, FL for business or pleasure we want to make sure you are relaxed and rejuvenated for whatever adventures you have planned. Come experience the perfect location of our Holiday Inn Express & Suites, convenient to most Sarasota/Venice destinations. Located just 4 miles from Siesta Key and the beaches, we are surrounded by restaurants and shopping but still close to downtown and other area attractions. We offer standard all inside corridor rooms and 1 bedroom suites, king and 2 queen bedded guestrooms all with complimentary WI-FI, Refrigerator, Microwave, Coffee Maker, Hairdryer, and last but not least, our HOT , DELICIOUS, DELUXE BREAKFAST is INCLUDED with your stay every day. Relax in our heated pool or hot tub or enjoy fresh brewed coffee and catch the news on our 50" HD TV in the lobby during the day. PETS welcome, ALL NON SMOKING AAA - 3 diamonds approved property. Unsurpassed customer service! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siesta Key East Hotel Sarasota
- Country Inn Sarasota
- Sarasota Country Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75 Florida