All reviews front desk hi express cheese omelettes room was clean breakfast lady morning breakfast main road easy drive would stay here again enjoyed my stay checking in siesta key beach yogurt free breakfast minute drive a great place to stay great room
Reviewed 8 July 2017

This was a VERY nice hotel. I'm thinking it used to be a REGULAR Hotel some time ago, but now an HIE. The room was very clean, with amenities that I needed. The maids cleaned EVERY day, which was great. I was there for 4 nights so I had the chance to check it out. The pool was beautiful. The only thing was my last day a Friday morning the breakfast was lacking, there were hardly any hot foods left, and serving pieces were not there either. Don't know what that was about. Otherwise it was great.

Date of stay: July 2017
Kevin M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear sfrisino,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that the property and staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

My family and I have stayed at this hotel 2 times previously for our summer vacations in the past and while we don’t expect a perfect stay and just want reasonable accommodations, we can no longer recommend this hotel. We’re used to checking the entire room for any flaws or issues that would complicate our stay, and every time it’s always either the mini fridge, the microwave, the safe, the plumbing, or a combination of these. It didn’t bother us because we’ve never had issue with the staff assisting us with our stay, but our third stay was a different story. During our most recent stay, the plumbing needed addressing, since our sinks had issues draining and there was no hot water available in the shower. Not only this, but the wi-fi was terrible, the lag experienced was so bad it often resulted in our applications and connections being unable to reconnect. We understand that fixing the wi-fi offered by the hotel isn’t something that can be immediately fixed, but during the entire length of our stay not once did they try to remedy the situation with our bathroom. When we went to the front desk to request assistance, we were told “we’ll see what we can do” and were dismissed abruptly. The way we were spoken to, his tone made it very clear that he didn’t care and that he just wanted us to go away. All in all, our stay was very disappointing and we felt disrespected by the staff member who spoke as if there was nothing he could really do or would want to, and wouldn’t bother seeing about the work order for our bathroom.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Eleonora W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your most recent stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our customer service interactions and hotel performance.
I would invite you to contact me personally at 941.925.0631, to discuss this with you further. (email is eleonora.walker@onelodging.com)
Regards,
Eleonora B.Walker

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Last minute meeting space was needed and Beth-Ann made sure our meeting room was set-up in less than an hour. Her and her staff went above and beyond to accommodate our trainer and attendees in a very courteous and professional manner. The staff was very positive and attentive. Hotel looked great! We will definitely be doing business with them again.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Kevin M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Dear sgorham13,
Thank you for the wonderful review! It is great to hear that Beth Ann and the team was able to provide you with everything you needed to have a successful meeting. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

The hotel appears to only be a few years old or was redone. Starting to show some wear again, but this place seems packed all the time. The sockets on the lights are shot, check you connection and don't leave it plugged it if you are not there. The king room has a mini refrigerator, small microwave and safe. Big soccer team here today. Front desk staff was OK. The breakfast had a lot of food until the one woman decided she should change everything. She would just pull something like the bacon and never bring it back so she could bring and over size pan of biscuits or two pans of eggs while the first one was still full. Who trained her, can you say, clueless! By 9:29 yes it closes at 9:30 she had already pulled half the food. Better not be running late or you will be looking for food. She had a load of food show up and could have spent the time putting it away and then cleared the food, but seems it was more important to pull the customers food first.

I would stay here again all things considered. It was close to my location, gas station out front and Dunkin next door if you prefer.

Follow-up, when I checked in they ran my card in the credit card , said their was a problem and tried the Square on the iPad reader. I got billed for both and took Holiday about a month to fix the problem. I'm thinking they are trying to scam people who don't check their statements. I believe they new the first charge went thru.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Kevin M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us during your recent trip to Sarasota. I apologize that the breakfast did not meet your expectations. I will pass your comments on to the Breakfast team and work with them to ensure this will not be the case during your next trip to Sarasota. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Nothing about this place is remarkable: the rooms were standard, it was quite far from downtown Sarasota or the airport, the price was OK but not especially cheap ... so what's left to say? Free wi-fi, so hurrah?

Well, the king room we booked smelled when we first entered and I called to change rooms; I was told every other room (king or otherwise) was full; well, we may need to find another hotel, I responded. I got a quick call back and was moved to another king room on the 4th floor with a "lake" view. It was fine.

Nothing special. Like everything else here. I'd say only stay here if you get a great price or have no options closer to downtown.

Room tip: Watch out for smelly rooms, don't take "we're all full" for an answer.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear MattyFitzAK,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us during your recent trip to Sarasota. I apologize that the location of our property did not meet your expectations. Although we are not near downtown Sarasota or the airport, we are located near beautiful Siesta Key beach. Hopefully you will be able to take advantage of this during your next trip to Sarasota. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, we look forward to seeing you again soon.