“UPDATE” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: British, Pub
Sarasota, Florida
“UPDATE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

The restaurant no longer exists at this location. Why keep restaurants that are no longer in operation?

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Peter M

Sarasota, Florida
“Manchester United, Bangers & Mash, + MORE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

You walk in and are surrounded by European Football (soccer), cozy tables made for crowds, a huge projected screen, and a bar full of British draft beer and a list of available bottled beer. Then comes the menu, full of a wide range of favorite British authentic dishes with some classics that will feed the crowds and the kids.

My husband had a lamb stew that he completely finished and I thoroughly enjoyed the Bangers and Mash. The onion gravy sauce is made from scratch and you can taste it! It was a deliciously relaxed meal and the most authentic British meal we have ever had.

This is a great little spot and Christie the owner is an absolute delight! The true Queen of this Pub and we are fortunate to have found this spot with reasonable prices, varied menu and cold draft beer. Planning our next meal already and heard trivia night begins in September.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Based in Florida
“Long live the Queen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

This little gem was recommended to us by a friend, and what a discovery it was.

My wife and I arrived in the early evening, following a shopping trip to Sarasota Mall. As it was early, the place wasnt exactly hopping, but we were warmly greeted by the owner and the barman.

To my utter astonishment, they stock my favourite british beer, John Smiths, and as beer was on a half price special, the car keys were rapidly passed to my wife so I could indulge.

As we were both more than just a bit peckish we ordered from the comprehensive British menu. Now as an ex-pat brit, I do occassionally get the hankering for something from the other side of the pond, and when I spotted Sausage and chips with curry, there wasnt another choice for me.My wife ordered cottage pie and we both sat back to watch the excellent work going on in the open kitchen.

When the food arrived, all I can tell you is it was authentic and absolutely delicious. So much so, that another pint of John Smiths washed it down.

We chatted over dinner about the decor. Soccer (football really) paraphanalia, horse brasses, brass door knockers, bar towels and bar mats tastefully adorn the walls along with a variety of british sourced flags.

We did spend time chatting at the table with both the owner and the barman (please excuse me for not being able to remember their names, that is rather remiss of me), who were both delightful people and conversed with us as though we were members of the family or long lost friends.

In short, the Queen is excellent value for money, extremely well catered, and has an extensive supply of beer (although that was depleted by several pints of John Smiths). We have no hesitation in recommending a visit and will be returning just as soon as we can.

To the Queen, we thank you for your kindness and indulgence.

• Visited July 2012