“Best in Sarasota”

Dining options: After-hours
Sarasota, FL
“Best in Sarasota”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I don't need to go into too much detail. Simply put....fresh food, knowledgeable friendly staff and good prices. Highly recommend!

2 Thank David C

Sarasota, Florida
“Man, I love this place”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I didn't even like miso soup until I tried it here, and now I order it every time. Of course I have some of my favorite generic rolls that I would get anywhere, but anytime I try a new one here I absolutely love it, and it has become hard to order just a couple rolls instead of the whole menu. The staff is awesome and totally sweet; they all look happy and relaxed in their environment. I loved this place on Siesta Dr, and I love it even more in gulfgate; it is completely and extremely worth the longer drive. Absolutely love this place.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank hodeybodey
Sarasota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is Outstanding...”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The sushi is outstanding which is why we have gone back for a few meals. The service is lacking... don't expect to get in and out quickly.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank McCoySRQ
SARASOTA
“Tastey Small Plates and Great Beer”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I love the kind of place where you can enjoy a variety of small dished and a variety of beer. Kazus 2.0 hits that mark very nicely. The prices are reasonable adn the qualtiy very good. Great place to stop in with a small group and grab some bites and a couple of beers. We ordered a large variety of things and shared. There is something for everyone een if you are not a Sushi lover. We need more places like this in Sarasota!

P.S. They also have a late night happy hour where draft craft beers are just $3!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank JAMES K
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Kazu 2.0 - A Great Place For Sushi”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I ate at Kazu 2.0 for the first time last week (May 25,2013) and I'm extremely happy that I tried it.

The location is in the Gulf Gate area in Sarasota and the inside is relatively small but putting that aside it's a fun place to grab some amazing fresh sushi without spending a small fortune. My experience was really good minus the sushi taking kinda long to make because of everyone in the restaurant placing large sushi orders. This wasn't a major problem for our table or the majority of everyone in the restaurant since we were helping ourselves to some good beer and sake but to my surprise the servers handed out free appetizers to the entire restaurant (even to people that already got their sushi) to apologize for the delay (**note that we got the free app and then about 5 mins later we got our order - total wait time was about 20-25mins, not terrible for good sushi in my opinion).

So here's the break down:

Pros:
+ fresh and great tasting sushi
+ inexpensive prices for sushi rolls and drinks
+ fun, relaxed atmosphere (set up is more of a bar setting instead of standard restaurant)
+ friendly staff
+ good selection of beer and saki

Cons:
- small dinning area and limited seats available
- restaurant can get a little noisy and not very personal / romantic seating available
- only wine, beer, and sake - no liquor available (personally not a problem for me)

Overall:
I personally love this place. If you're looking for a very romantic sushi place to bring a date, this might not be the right place for you - depending on your or your date's personality. Also if you only drink liquor and/or don't like a relaxed "bar" atmosphere and you're looking for a more upscale experience then you might not like it here either. BUT, if you're looking for a fun and inexpensive place to eat good food and have some great beers or sake then you NEED to try out Kazu 2.0 if you haven't already.

I will definitely back again!!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Drew B