“Acere Que Rico Consolte..”
Review of Rincon Cubano

Rincon Cubano
Ranked #251 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed 4 April 2014

While vacationing in Sarasota, we decided to look for Cuban food and compare it to that of Miami's, our actual homebase, also regarded as the Cuban food capital in the U.S.
Our experience was truly awesome. The food and the service was superb. The young bi-lingual Cuban born waiter, was very attentive, always smiling and friendly.
They play pleasant latin music in the background which we also enjoyed. I highly recommend this place to all that want to enjoy delicious and authentic Cuban food. I also witnessed a few repeat customers coming in for Cuban sandwiches for takeout. I plan to pick up a few before we take that long 4 hour drive back to Miami. I wish them success and longevity, so I can revisit them when we return to this area.

1  Thank tabaccopuro

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Recommended by my daughter-in-law´s coworkers, and our desire for homestyle Cubano cooking, our party of 5 settled for Cubano sandwiches and 2 of us the daily special of arroz con pollo. Tasty with ample portions. My black beans with yellow rice made me smile, served with a full chicken leg and sweet plantains. Prices reasonable. Service friendly and attentive. Definitely will revisit when I return to Sarasota.

1  Thank BarbaraA99
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Beginning with positive comments made by an elderly Cuban couple as they were leaving the restaurant, this establishment welcomed us as old friends. Our waitstaff person named Yanni promptly came to the table with a basket of hot Cuban bread and our beverages and a pleasant and friendly attitude. Located in a plaza shared with a Chinese restaurant and a Goodwill, it looks understated but the food is amazing. We both made the same selection off the daily special board, a fricased pork dish which included a dish of melt in your mouth pork cubes, rice, a seperate bowl of black beans, potato and sliced plantains. Every bite a wonderful blend of flavour and smells. JUST EXCELLENT!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

My wife and I have been on vacation in south Florida for about a month, and, in our quest to find great Cuban food, we discovered Rincon Cubano in Sarasota. It was recommended to us by a person we had met in Sarasota, and he told us we would love Rincon Cubano. Boy, was he right!!! My wife and I each had the Churrasco steak dinner and it was fabulous. The steak was done perfectly and very tender and the chimichurri sauce, which was made at the restaurant, was very tasty and added real flavor to the steak...Accompanying the steak we had was excellent congri (white rice with black beans and bacon) and terrific fried sweet plantains...As my beverage, I had the best red sangria I have ever had. I asked the server what made the sangria so tasty. He said it was a secret ingredient but later admitted it was cinnamon...We plan to be in Sarasota for another three weeks and hope to come back to Rincon Cubano at least once a week while we are here...This was truly a great Cuban restaurant.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

As with other readers, this restaurant was recommended by a friend. After having eaten there 6 or 7 times in the past 3 months, I can say I've never been disappointed. We tend to order the special of the day and haven't tried the Cuban sandwiches or any of the many other offerings. Daily specials are in the $9-10 range and typically come with rice (yellow or white), black beans, yucca or plantains, and hot pressed Cuban bread. The specials are the same Monday through Saturday, depending on the day of the week (the restaurant is closed on Sundays). Be sure to try a cafe con leche (Cuban coffee with milk), too -- served in the Cuban style (with sugar) unless you ask for it to be left out. I've been told that the desserts are great, but haven't tried them. This is a family run business and the cooking reflects that - with delicious meals served for lunch & dinner. There is a limited breakfast menu. Beer and wine are available. Portion sizes are generous and no one goes away hungry! Service is efficient and very friendly, and there's never a wait for a booth or table. Give it a try for delicious Cuban food!