“It Depends”
Review of Jack Dusty

Jack Dusty
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Dusty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 1,051 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The lounge and terrace will include craft microbrews, a broad selection of rums and spirits and an array of specialty Sarasota-inspired cocktails made with farm fresh ingredients.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We have now eaten at this restaurant several times. The food is outstanding and, in general, the service is very good. However, you experience will be colored by the level of business in the restaurant.

The designer of the restaurant, placed the bar in the middle of the property. I addition, cocktail sitting is mixed with dining tables in the outdoor area. What this means is that it is impossible to be sure that you will not be surrounded a group of loud and noisy drinkers, even if you have guests that you are trying to converse with.

In addition, the hotel runs events in parts of the area, creating additional problems with dining in a bar room atmosphere.

If you are hotel guest, this problem is made worse by the fact that there are no dining alternatives. If you want to avoid a loud bar room atmsphere - Forget it.

While we have had some fine food and service here, it is just to risky to return at dinner.

1  Thank Dawg_Lover1
There are newer reviews for Jack Dusty

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Ate here for the 2nd time. Staying at the hotel. Ordered the chicken wings off menu. My 2nd wing was raw on the inside. Was really expecting a lot better. Sauce was meh. Too much breading.

Just don't get it. 2 meals in a row.

Won't be back.

3  Thank WarpNine1
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We went to Jack Dusty at the Ritz for my birthday. We loved the décor. Much better than the stuffy old restaurant. We sat outside and our waiter was attentive. First off we tasted the brown bread in the can. Being from New England and having eaten brown bread in a can before I was excited to try it. It was tasteless. Next my husband and I ordered lobster bisque. That had absolutely no taste whatsoever. Pink milk with a few chunks of lobster and even the bread served with it was without taste. So much for my wonderful birthday dinner. We loved the atmosphere and the staff was terrific but sadly we will not return. The rest of the meal was okay but not worthy of the prices or the Ritz. Too bad because they have a beautiful setting there.

2  Thank Beachgirl459
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I'm a Member of the Ritz Carlton and travel to them everywhere.
Jack dusty is rather new but really weird for the Ritz. New Orleans modern?
Shrimp and grits interesting and different and quite tasty.....but,
Just does not fit at the Ritz. They give you a 20 dollar glass of wine in these glasses that is similar to a mason jar. No wine glass? I made the server get me a real glass. Fried green tomatoes had so much batter and no taste. Sorry, Ritz I love you, however, you missed the boat with this one. Service us good though. Would love to know what executive at the Ritz would allow them to fumble the ball like this.

2  Thank Classact10
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The staff was wonderful and remembered us each time we came down. The bartenders were engaging and made excellent drinks.