“Worst meal I've ever had at Carrabba’s”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #86 of 1,027 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sarasota, Florida
“Worst meal I've ever had at Carrabba’s”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I've always been a huge fan of Carrabba's nationwide and thought their food was consistently good. Having just eaten again at their Sarasota location, I am baffled by my experience. They have done away with one of the side dish options when ordering an entree, (now potato/pasta or veggies, not both as before) and the portions provided were microscopic, from the meager Italian salad to the grilled chicken. And to top it off, the chicken was so overcooked it was inedible and my vegetables were burnt. I did not notice a decrease in the prices charged to correspond with the diminished portions, however. Someone is going to have to twist my arm to get me to return to one of my favorite local restaurants.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Marianne S

Saco, Maine, United States
“Tasty food, a bit expensive for what you get”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I got the veal on this trip. It was good, but the portion size for the price just didn't seem to add up for me. I will say the meal was flavorful and well prepared, but the value just wasn't there. The bread at he beginning of the meal was very yummy. I also tried my son's spaghetti and meatball. The spaghetti didn't come with enough sauce, we had to ask for more, and they never brought it until the end of the meal. My wife's lasagna was good, but again lacked in great flavor and was merely ok.

• Visited May 2014
Nokomis, Florida
“Lobster ravioli and steak special”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited Stickney Pt. Carrabba's rest. In Sarasota this week. There was a steak and lobster ravioli special for $ 12.99 we wanted to try. Good service , not to crowded, snow bird season waning ! Special was good, nice vegetable and salad and bread with meal . Left full and satisfied

• Visited May 2014
“Great Carrabba's”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

This Carrabba's has great food and service. The service is very attentive and good. They also have a gluten free menu.

Visited May 2014
Miami, Florida
“Dinner with the college kids”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I took my daughter and her friends here on a recent stay in Sarasota. It was Spring Break, but we managed to get a reservation. Food was good and had very attentive service. This was my first time at Carrabba's, will be back!

Visited March 2014