“Food good but...”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #86 of 1,027 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Yorktown Heights, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food good but...”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My first time at a Carraba's. It was a Friday night and the place was packed. The food itself was good but the server was not as attentive as he could have been. We had to wait before drink orders were taken and though he provided us with bread and the spice mix for dipping, no olive oil until we managed to get his attention. It can get $$$ if you order wine/alcohol. The 2nd time around we wanted Carraba's, we ordered take out. Restaurant was approx 15 minutes away from where we stayed, food remained hot. Much more relaxing than eating there.

• Visited June 2014

Venice, Florida
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We don't frequent many chain restaurants but Carrabba's has always been a favorite. Last time we were at this location I tried the pork chop which is new to the menu and it was delicious. This time, not so much. I think it was a pork chop, but I'm not sure. Whatever it was, it was as hard as a rock and inedible. Our server took it over and showed the proprietor and when she returned she asked if I wanted another one. Owners of good businesses personally take charge in these situations and apologize to the customer. It wasn't the servers fault, but I certainly didn't want another one after almost breaking my jaw on the first. The rest of our meals were ok but nothing special.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Severalolives
Sarasota, Florida
“Worst meal I've ever had at Carrabba’s”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I've always been a huge fan of Carrabba's nationwide and thought their food was consistently good. Having just eaten again at their Sarasota location, I am baffled by my experience. They have done away with one of the side dish options when ordering an entree, (now potato/pasta or veggies, not both as before) and the portions provided were microscopic, from the meager Italian salad to the grilled chicken. And to top it off, the chicken was so overcooked it was inedible and my vegetables were burnt. I did not notice a decrease in the prices charged to correspond with the diminished portions, however. Someone is going to have to twist my arm to get me to return to one of my favorite local restaurants.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Marianne S
Saco, Maine, United States
“Tasty food, a bit expensive for what you get”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I got the veal on this trip. It was good, but the portion size for the price just didn't seem to add up for me. I will say the meal was flavorful and well prepared, but the value just wasn't there. The bread at he beginning of the meal was very yummy. I also tried my son's spaghetti and meatball. The spaghetti didn't come with enough sauce, we had to ask for more, and they never brought it until the end of the meal. My wife's lasagna was good, but again lacked in great flavor and was merely ok.

• Visited May 2014
Nokomis, Florida
“Lobster ravioli and steak special”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited Stickney Pt. Carrabba's rest. In Sarasota this week. There was a steak and lobster ravioli special for $ 12.99 we wanted to try. Good service , not to crowded, snow bird season waning ! Special was good, nice vegetable and salad and bread with meal . Left full and satisfied

• Visited May 2014