“Long Get Away”
Review of Mrs Chen's Chinese Restaurant - CLOSED

Mrs Chen's Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My wife and I do not like Chinese buffet but this place is GREAT, if you do not want the buffet you can order off the menu. The buffet is kept up, none of the food dries out or sits for very long the food taste like it should not all things tasting the same. The variety is very large it even includes dessert and some sushi pieces, always has (2) soups which are great. Avery friendly restaurant with fantastic food and service.

1  Thank Frank P

Reviewed 22 September 2013

This place is terrible. Im not sure why anyone would give this a good review. We went in search of a good Chinese place and stumbled on this buffet. The dining area is out dated at first glace. Secondly, the buffet is small with very limited options. The "sirloin" is doused in nothing but soy sauce, the honey chicken is more of a very hard popcorn chicken with more breading than actual meat. The rice was dry and hard. It was as if they saved their food from the night before. Bland, flavorless, and no meat in the tiny, lousiest excuses for egg rolls you can find. The staff was nice, but they need new cooks and fresher food. Everything was stale or bogged down with salt and soy.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

In the world of Chinese buffets, this place is a blue ribbon winner. I've never had better fried dumplings or wontons anywhere. They may not have the hundreds of items other buffets offer, but everything Mrs. Chen's has is absolutely delicious. The owners and waitstaff are always happy and super attentive. We are in town several times throughout the year and Mrs. Chen's is always our first stop!

Their dessert area needs some help, however.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I don't understand the "good" reviews of this place. We just went there and the buffet offerings were meager and tasted worse. There was little in the way of flavor or variety. I've been to many Chinese buffets in my lifetime and this ranks with some of the worst. The fact that this was rated the #1 Chinese place in Sarasota depresses me and makes me question the veracity of the other reviewers who rated this place so high. Save yourself time and $$ and just eat pizza.

1  Thank Bob S
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I am not sure where the previous reviewers had eaten, perhaps there are two Mrs. Chen's but the one I went to was just terrible. We had gone here numerous times in the past and we could almost chart its decline. The last time was for lunch and it was bad, this time it was dinner and it was worse. No taste, no quality, just lots of cheap, low quality food. If that is what you are looking for, a full belly at a low price, this is the place. If you are looking for quality food, quality Chinese food, avoid this restaurant. There are many others to choose from in Sarasota and visiting this type of restaurant just encourages the owners to continue to sell poor quality product in an old and worn out location.