“Nothing special about this place”

Papa Nick's Pasta & Pizza
Ranked #395 of 1,051 Restaurants in Sarasota
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We may have made the wrong choice in having a dinner here instead of pizza or sandwich. My husband had the pork chops in a wine sauce, pork chops were breaded, fried and covered in a strange tasting wine sauce and mushrooms with a very large side of gummy spaghetti with okay marinara sauce. I had the linguine with white clam sauce, though the clams were probably canned(not a shell in site) the sauce was tasty, just a bit too much oil. Bread was very good, ruined by being served with a soft, whipped, margarine spread(no olive oil). Each dinner came with a choice of salad, garden or Greek and soup. We both opted for a Greek salad, the salad was brought to the table with a plastic squirt bottle of dressing, tasted nothing like any Greek salad dressing I have ever had. The pea soup tasted like it was right out of the can, overly thick and not very tasty. The restaurant was dirty, there was an empty green plastic basket (like found in produce dept.) behind me on a ledge, carpets were in desperate need of cleaning. Service was poor, waitress was very pleasant but more interested to tell us she had surgery and now suffers from terrible hot flashes. She never offered parmesan cheese for pastas and the worst of all her fingernails were dirty. It troubles me to right this review and the only reason I am not giving it a terrible review is that my pasta dish was tasty and very reasonably priced but for all of the other mentioned reasons we will not return here.

2  Thank Suri22
There are newer reviews for Papa Nick's Pasta & Pizza

Reviewed 1 February 2014

My husband and I come here every now and then. I have to say, I never had a bad experience, well maybe one slight one, but it's no big deal. They have always been nice. Great service, great food. Enjoy it all, with the ambiance.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

A great small restaurant, mainly pizza, but has several delicious Greek selections on the menu. Pastitsio a baked macaroni dish. Pasta, meat sauce, beschemel sauce layered into a nice thick and creamy dinner was absolutely a favorite. Give it a try you will be totally satisfied.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Wonderful home cooked food. I frequent regularly for breakfast and dinner. Eggplant parmagiana is a standout, as are other dishes. Great $2.99 breakfast special with hearty potatoes, toast and eggs portions. Welcoming and friendly staff, with outdoor seating, if you wish. Excellent value and my daughter loves their pizza.

1  Thank Robert L
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The food and service at Papa Nick's is consistently good ... we enjoy their breakfasts (served at lunch as well), and recommend their pizzas and Greek Pastichio, which we understand is made by the owner. A very nice atmosphere, and you can either eat inside or outside.