“Tasty and consistent with the chain! Great experience!”

First Watch Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Brecksville, Ohio
“Tasty and consistent with the chain! Great experience!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Good service and quality food that measures up to the one in my local area. When in Sarasota for pleasure, we were looking for a quick omelet from a reliable breakfast spot. My aunt was looking for the Cracker Barrel and I’m thinking…oh GOD..help please!!! Luckily, there was a First Watch down near our hotel. I guaranteed her she’d like the food- and she was not disappointed! At home in Ohio, it is a great stand by when one is not interested in cooking breakfast..but in need of an egg white omelet to perfection, and this location provided identically tasty food and excellent service. There are lots of healthy choices, indulgent selections which include made to order waffles and pancakes and fresh fruit as a choice with any meal. Pleased as always, I was happy to add this dining selection to my aunt’s dining portfolio.

Visited June 2014
Cari T, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch Restaurant, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Mimi823 - Thank you for coming in on your travels and for introducing your aunt to First Watch! Regardless of the city, we are thrilled you can always count on us for great service and a delicious breakfast. See you again soon!

Bradenton, Florida
“Nice clean restaurant in superb location.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I had a breakfast plate called the market hash, portions were just right, and the coffee was great. We were here on a Sunday morning, off season and seated right away. Lot of choices for breakfast here to satisfy any appetite.

Visited July 2014
Cari T, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch Restaurant, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
James99946 - Thank you for starting your Sunday with us! We are very happy you had a satisfying breakfast and we hope to see you again soon.

Bradenton, Florida
“Wonderful coffee with flavored cream! 3.5 rating”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The coffee was wonderful! We did have to ask the waitress 3 times for another cup...
I ordered the Greek Fetish Omelet with Spinach, Feta Cheese, Onions, Tomatoes and Black Olives. There were about 2 pieces of Spinach in mine when I opened it up. The potatoes were not fully cooked, but edible. I tasted my husband's fruit and that was very good. Mine also came with an English Muffin.
I did use the Ladies room and the one regular stall was occupied so I did use the Handicapped stall. The paper towels were across the stall from the sink-it was a larger area. I am all about making things easier for any handicapped person. If I was in a wheelchair with wet hands scooting across the room in a wheelchair to dry my hands... I would recommend changing that.
There was coffee grounds available for purchase, but none available with just coffee beans. It really was good and we would have bought some coffee beans.

• Visited July 2014
Lucky0420 - Thank you for your visit! We appreciate your feedback and will share your suggestions about our bathrooms and coffee with the team. We do hope you continue to dine with us in the future.

Toronto
“It was good but I expected more.”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Service was good but the bacon and cheese omelet was just average or plain. I have eaten at other breakfast diners in Sarasota where I have returned over the years (Serving Spoon and Oasis) but I don't think I would come back to this one.

Visited June 2014
Cari T, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch Restaurant, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
MichaelKToronto - We are very sorry to hear our food fell short of your expectations. We want to be your first choice every morning, so your comments will be taken serious.

Sarasota, Florida
“Good place for breakfast, but...”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We are regulars for Sunday breakfast at First Watch on Main Street. The manager is welcoming, friendly, and accommodating, and the servers are as well. We like the menu, the food, and the prices. We have one complaint, however. Two of our group have been asking for iced coffee for several years, and the answer has been that First Watch does not serve iced coffee, but that the management is working on a recipe. I usually pour some coffee into a mug, let it cool, then pour it into a glass, add a lot of ice, and fix it to my liking. Today I was told that iced coffee is now being offered, and so I ordered it. I found it to be not potable. It was too sweet, the coffee flavor was not strong enough, and it did NOT taste good. What is so difficult about making a pot of coffee, pouring it into a pitcher to allow it to cool, and then serving the coffee in a glass filled with ice?

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank P. K
Cari T, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch Restaurant, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hannah6309 - Thank you for all of your visits. We are honored to have you as a regular. Especially as a valued guest, we will take your suggestions on the taste of our iced coffee very serious and will pass them along to the team. We want to make your experience perfect in all areas! See you on Sunday!