“Nice Funky place”

Ranked #401 of 1,030 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$2 - US$16
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are the original Rico's in Sarasota, Fl (the Rico's that Rico built) and we love making pizza! We are located just south of Stickney Pt. Rd. (South bridge to Siesta Key) we have a small dining room, we offer our full menu for take out and delivery. We make our own dough, grate and blend our own mozzarella cheeses. We use Roma foods out of Piscataway, New Jersey. Roma is an Italian and pizza exclusive high quality food provider. We are solely owned by me, Mark Riley and my kids Brandon, Madeline, Michael & Robert Riley. My youngest son Robert and I are there almost everyday. I do have a great staff that does allow us a day off on occasion. I have a manager Ben who has been working with us for over 15 years. We have a full money back guarantee. If we fail you we want to remake your food immediately or give you a credit for next time. We do mess up like every 75th order or so and if you want we even offer you your money back.
Sarasota
“Nice Funky place”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Most people take out. If you want to sit in a very small restaurant area and watch the customers come in and the kitchen cook then give it a try. Very reasonably priced. The Pizza was a slightly above average thin crust. The non-Pizza items are very tasty and very reasonably priced.

Visited October 2013

philippines
“The worst and the most expensive”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Took an hour to deliver a crusty, hard, cold, slapped together sandwich and pitiful antipasto salad. What cost $20 there could have been picked up at the gas station store for $8. How can they get it so bad? Just make your own sandwich and open a grocery store salad it. You'll be happier and much richer.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank maximo
Orlando, Florida
“New England style pizza in the South”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

As a former New Englander I find it hard to find good pizza in the South. This place offers a decent pizza. The place itself is a little hole in the wall and it is not decorated as a five star place either.It is small and cramped with little seating, but the pizza is good. The lunch special is a great deal.
If you want a decent tasting pizza go here, want decor and ambiance go somewhere else.

• Visited September 2013
Sarasota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Customer for 10 years!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have been ordering pizza from Rico's for the past 10 years, it is always outstanding. I think I have tried nearly everything on the menu and my favorite by far is the garlic knots, white pizza with spinach and cannoli. They have huge portions, it is one of the best pizzas you will find in Sarasota.
This review is for the Gulf Gate Pizzeria on Gateway Ave!

• Visited September 2013
Sarasota, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We placed an order for pick up, my husband went to pick up our order he got home and didn't have part of the order. So he called and asked where the rest of the order was, the girl apologized. The Fries were nasty soggy, the cheese steak bread was so hard I could barely chew it. My husband got the Pasta with spicy marinara. It doesn't say on the menu that there are jalapeno peppers in the dish. I mean spicy is one thing but this was just hot..... Nasty, we will never be back what a waste of money.

• Visited August 2013