“Disapointed 6/12/14”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Greek, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: El Greco Cafe is the place when you can have a fast lunch,or a quiet diner with friends,have a first date and make a great impression,or just show your dancing skills on Greek night. With two rooms it can accommodate large groups,lunch meetings or big birthday parties. From Lamb dishes,fresh seafood,pasta to pizzas and strombolis,we have something for everyone.Gluten free,vegetarian no problem. Chef Robert and his wife Gena are always present.They like to meet you and like to hear your opinion,so just ask for them at any time.
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here my last trip thru and it was good ...but not now. Service was not good(i work in the business) we were rushed to order. Our app was served with dinner.
My wine glass literally was about 2 oz for $7. Worst of all pizza was burnt, black on bottom. Couldn't get anyone's attention ... I guess its hit or miss ill try elsewhere next time im here

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were walking by the night before and a patron raved about it, so we gave it a shot. Maybe our expectations were too high going in.
The outdoor dining was pleasant.
Our server was quite attentive but the gentleman who brought the Saganaki (flaming cheese) had a less than enthusiastic "Opa".
There was plenty of tender grilled lamb in my wife's Lamb Kabab Salad, but the salad was uninteresting. The Tzaziki sauce was not an ideal salad dressing, too thick.
The Gyro platter had a generous amount of meat and was drew praise from my son.
My Mahi was good but not superb, the accompanying veggies were well prepared and well flavored.
We preferred the Vietnamese restaurant two doors away, though you won't impress anyone with it's atmosphere. .

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I have driven past El Greco hundreds of times, but finally stopped by on 5/24/14 for lunch. The food and service was outstanding, though the ambiance is a little outdated. Best tzatziki and hummus I've had in a long, long time and awesome gyro's!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

i had the greek soup (avgolemono) and gyro platter for lunch. great flavors and fresh, authentic ingredients. the platter was more than enough to share with a companion. very pleasant, open, well-lit setting -- large windows on two sides of the dining room, which is situated at an intersection. comfortable seats.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Went out with family for a birthday lunch. Started with Seafood Platter which consisted of:
Chargrilled octopus, deep fried Calamari, and 6 Grilled shrimp. Served with marinara sauce and lemon wedges. Excellent with the most tender octopus I've ever had! Most of us ordered either a Gyro Platter or Gyro Salad (lamb) and it was very tasty. Moussaka, Pasticcio, Kebab, Stuffed Grapes Leaves along with other Mediterranean favorites, chicken, burgers, pizza, soup/salads, and seven sandwiches were on the menu. Our waitress surprised me with a large slice of Baklava Cheese Cake...to-die-for! Staff was friendly. $12.95 was the highest price on the lunch menu. Our only complaint...the restaurant was in need of an updated decor and a good cleaning. Greasy-dust hung from the vents. This cafe is on Main Street. Downtown Sarasota is super nice and lovely to walk through. If El Greco scrubs the inside, I'd give them another star.