“Delicious Colombian Food!”

Ranked #371 of 1,148 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Colombian, Cuban
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I goggle were in the mood for Spanish food, when we got there it look very dark from outside except for open sign, we ordered a pitcher of lemonade it was very refreshing freshly squished
We all ordered different plates I had Bandeja Paisa very tasty and feeling ,dessert Nata tres Leches delicious. Give it a try

Reviewed 10 October 2013

There is a different special each day of the week. Yesterday, Wednesday, was Viejo Ropa (shredded beef in sauce, a dish that originated in the (Spanish) Canary Islands and is a standard Columbian entree. The specials include rice, a small salad, and exquisite plantain slices which are sautéd in a cinnamon/sugar sydrup. I really like their Mondongo (Tripe, Chorizo, Yuca) soup, which is a complete meal in itself, served with a small salad, rice, and sautéd plantains. Their empenadas are terrific too. Their fresh, homemade is very very tasty, not just hot like a raw halepino. A couple of drops of this mixed in with the rice is really good. I like the way they sear and grill steak.
If you are a gringo, you'll most likely be the only non Latin persons in this restaurant. This is no problemo because the 3 person staff (mother, the brains of this outfit runs the cash register and cooks; the son is the waiter; and there is also a waitress) all speak English. They serve the food in a timely manner, and frequently check on the customers, but not in an intrusive manner. The background Latin music sets the relaxed tone for this restaurant.
This family owned and operated is true gem. You really need to try it.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Authentic Columbian restaurant! We pulled up and the place looks run down and we did not expect much, but wow the food was amazing. The best I have had in Florida.

1  Thank Marcos Melissa A
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I am new to the Sarasota area and was looking forward to a wonderful Cuban meal. What i received was a lackluster meal. Something I would expect at a American 'greasy spoon'. The rice and beans were dry and unflavored. I had a Cuban sandwish that was greasy with extremely tough beef. Too much mustard and mayo. Every bite the beef would slide off the bun. The flavor was not good either. I have been to many Cuban restaurants. This was the worst.
Service was good. Our waitress was friendly and spoke English. My friend had the tripe soup which she said was delicious. All in all this was not what I had hoped for. Very disappointed.
I checked my debit from my card and I was charged double: one charge stated $8.85 (accurate) the other was for $88.55 (inaccurate) Our server seemed to have an issue on the machine. When I asked her if everything was okay...she said, "sure sure no problem"...hmmm obviously there was a problem. I called back to starighten out the charge and no one was available to speak English! VERY DISAPPOINTING :(

Reviewed 25 March 2013

After a Google search for restaurants serving tripe dishes, I was directed to Mi Tierra, just beyond the edge of the downtown district. From the outside, the restaurant looks a bit like an old highway diner, but the inside contains mainly table seating on the order of an old-fashioned luncheonette. The menu is Colombian, so I went with a local beer, and promptly ordered the 'sopa mondongo'. I am a fan of Italian, Catalonian, and Chinese tripe dishes, but had no idea what the Colombian version would be like. This tripe soup, served with a side of rice, salad, and plantains, was chicken stock based and thickened with yucca and potato. Cilantro added a bit of brightness to the dish. I would certainly try this restaurant again to explore more of their local offerings.

1  Thank Islandman46