“Finally an alternative to waiting on line downtown!”

Silver Star Deli Restaurant
Ranked #240 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“Finally an alternative to waiting on line downtown!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

This is a cute little place just on the outskirts of downtown unfortunately in a questionable strip mall, but a few better stores could change that. The staff was friendly and we watched the cooks make our food which was amazing!

• Visited March 2014

pittsburgh
“Great little diner!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Just happened across this diner last year and took a chance. So glad we did. Went back again this year while on vacation and found the same friendly service and tasty breakfast biscuits. Love those biscuits filled with tomatoes, bacon and cheese in muffin cups. Yum!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank PittsburghLynnie
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great for breakfast”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

In a strip mall off Fruitville but worth the drive for a good breakfast.Great omlettes and homefries.Staff was pleasant and not rude as some noted.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank GwenRose_10
“Rude staff”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I came in at 10:30 on a Saturday morning. I was alone and I am pregnant. I waited up front for a table. When the waitress greeted me from behind the counter 15 feet away she asked me how many were in my party. I said just me and she offered me a seat at the bar stating that the restaurant was full. I told her that I preferred to not sit at the bar and that I would wait for a table. I didn't feel comfortable sitting at a bar top with strangers around me being pregnant. Regardless of my reason I should be accommodated no questions asked. She rolled her eyes at me and I could hear her complaining about me to the other waitress behind the counter as they poured sodas from the fountain. Considering that I run restaurants and have for almost 20 years I didn't realize that asking for a table for one person was such a crime. I will never go back to this dump and would highly suggest against anyone else going.

Visited October 2013
Bradenton, Florida
“Breakfast +”
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

This is your quintessential local dinner. Family run and good quality food. The place was busy, every seat was taken. Our server was nice and check on us, however it took a long time to get our food. Guess that's what we get for going at10:30 on a Saturday morning. I got the Brandy breakfast biscuits and hash brown potatoes. They were as good as advertised. My wife got the pancakes. They covered the plate and were very good. They have a full breakfast menu as well as a large lunch selection. If you are looking for good food you can't go wrong with the Silver Star.

Visited August 2013