“best of the best”
Review of Michael's On East

Michael's On East
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's On East is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,043 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, International
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bahia Vista
Description: Founded on April 27, 1987, the celebrated Michael's On East restaurant takes fine dining to another level, offering award-winning cuisine and outstanding service, in an exceptional 1940s supper club atmosphere. Michael's On East was one of only ten restaurants in the nation to be inducted into the 2009 Nation's Restaurant News Fine Dining Hall of Fame, considered the Oscars of the restaurant industry, and received their 26th consecutive AAA Four-Diamond Award in 2015 - one of only two restaurants in Florida with this distinction. Upon entering the dining room, you are immediately dazzled by the plush design and inspired decor. The restaurant's intimate aura, along with its contemporary fare, world-class wine cellar and incomparable service, create an unparalleled dining experience that will give you every reason to keep coming back.
ft myers fl
“best of the best”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

i travel 60 miles in each direction every month to dine at michae'ls on east. everything about this reataurant exudes class, style and fine dining. i'm sure there are "faux gourmands" who would disagree with me but one visit to michael's will change your mind. i have dined in many fine establishmwnts in great britain, france and many cities in the us and michae's holds its own

• Visited September 2013

North Port, Florida
“Favorite place in SW Florida”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I wouldn't even know where to start. I love everything about this place from the staff to the amazing food. My favorite that I order almost every time is the swordfish, its absolutely succulent. My boyfriends favorite dish is the bowtie chicken pasta, which is so popular that they give you the recipe online to try at home!! Perfect place for a romantic dinner for two.

• Visited August 2013
“Disappointed in the way it was handled”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Michaels has always been on our list for a nice date night. My husband and I order the same thing almost everytime. This time however my crab cakes had shells in them. I had to eat them with care. I felt like a rabbit eating them. I didn't get to indulge and enjoy them as I normally would. Michael came by and asked how our meal was. He could tell something was right. But assured me that the lump crab meat should not have shells in them. He was going to speak with the kitchen about it. I ended up not finishing my meal. Decided to eat it the next day. Weary of eating it.....I be dang if the other one didn't have a shell in it also. Needless to say. We aren't the average buy two meals and leave couple. We drop $300-600 just for us. We order the best champagne by the bottle. I felt like I was being belittled and that theres no way there was a shell in the crab. It will be a while before I suggest this as an upcoming date night. Especially since our family will be in town for Christmas.

• Visited October 2013
Michael K, Owner at Michael's On East, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our restaurant. I wanted to offer my sincere apologies for any misunderstandings or miscommunication during your most recent visit with us.

First of all, my very sorry if our table-side conversation was confusing. Our crab cakes are prepared with great care, with the intention to keep the "lumps" of crabmeat intact. Thus, although it is common to see, occasionally pieces of shell may be found in crab cakes. Again, I apologize this situation was not handled correctly the evening of your dining experience.

I have reviewed your experiences with our management team, ensuring our service team meets and exceeds your expectations during your next visit. We would greatly appreciate another opportunity to offer you the exceptional customer service Michael’s On East has been known for over the past 26 years, as well as provide you with the outstanding culinary experience that you deserve.

I truly hope we can persuade you to dine with us again soon.

Michael Klauber
Co-Proprietor
Bradenton, Florida
“Very elegant evening.”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The food was wonderful. Earlier in the evening the noise level made it difficult to converse. Later the music became somewhat more mellow and we could hear what was being said around our table of four. Loved our time and will go again.

• Visited November 2013
Venice, Florida
“Can't miss the monthly wine dinners!”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The monthly wine dinners in the Cellar are outstanding. Personalized service, it's a great way to try new wines that are perfectly paired with your meal.

The last one we attended was for the Porter Family Vineyards. The best part was that the Porters were in attendance!

We thoroughly enjoyed a meal that's planned around making the wines taste their very best. And yes, we came home with a mixed case of wonderful wines.

• Visited April 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review and I'm thrilled to see your rave reviews for our wine dinner events. You may be interested in our upcoming wine dinners on Friday, January 24 and Saturday, January 25! (Reservations are available via phone at 941-366-0007, ext. 224.)

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It will certainly be our pleasure to host you again soon.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Michael Klauber, Co-Proprietor