“Fresh food, good view”

Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Serving Sarasota for Over 25 years!The Old Salty Dog first opened its door for business in Siesta Key Village back on November 1st 1986. The owners original concept was to take a small popular village beer and hot dog stand and turn it into a casual Restaurant and Pub. They have mixed the best of the Florida Keys and their British heritage to create a fun family environment that is appealing to people from all walks of life.There are now 2 locations and they are patronized not only by their many regular local customers and characters but they also enjoy abundant new and repeat business from all over the United States and from around the World.
Reviewed 4 May 2014

One of the daily specials was fresh grouper (on a sandwich) and it was very good. No complaints from our group! Good view, good food, full bellies and good service, too. Kids menu was tasty.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,575)

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Went here as we saw on man versus food. Not disappointed. The salty dog - beer batter fried dog - is delish. The best hot dog we have had in 26 years of visiting USA. View is lovely

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Had a family lunch here. Nice selection of food but pretty much the usual,sort of thing - fish, seafood, burgers, dogs etc. Friendly, quick service. No complaints, just nothing that would make me think I really must go there again

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was one of the places we just had to go to on our vacation. When we went it wasn't very busy and we were able to get a great seat out by the water. We really wanted to try the famous salty dog so we ordered the dog bites as an appetizer. They weren't anything special. Just a plain tasteless batter over hot dogs. Nobody really cared for them. My husband and I both ordered the blackened grouper sandwich which really wasn't spectacular. Our kids each got a kids meal. My husband ordered one beer and the rest of us had water. Our bill was $80 which is the most we spent at any restaurant while on our vacation. I don't mind spending that much but the food was really not worth it.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I saw this place on the travel channel on man vs food. The Food was great and the view is awesome. You can drive there by car or boat. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. I will definitely return again.