“Barely making average ..”
Review of Old Salty Dog

Old Salty Dog
Ranked #43 of 1,065 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Good for: View, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Serving Sarasota for Over 25 years!The Old Salty Dog first opened its door for business in Siesta Key Village back on November 1st 1986. The owners original concept was to take a small popular village beer and hot dog stand and turn it into a casual Restaurant and Pub. They have mixed the best of the Florida Keys and their British heritage to create a fun family environment that is appealing to people from all walks of life.There are now 2 locations and they are patronized not only by their many regular local customers and characters but they also enjoy abundant new and repeat business from all over the United States and from around the World.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

First time visit and last. 7/3/14 while family waited to be seated I was watching the bar tender pour drinks that looked like what one would enjoy and didn't short you on the pour. However when handling the glass/plastic cups fingers were all up inside the cup where one drinks. Wait wasn't so bad being that they were crowded. Weather was bad so we had to sit inside. Very, very noisy ... My oldest son ordered the salty dog with cheese only. He thought it was ok. I had a bite and it was ok. My wife had coconut shrimp with fries and a small salad. Coconut shrimp was good, fries just plain. Normal salad. Now my youngest son and I both ordered fried fish. Well, too greasy and no taste, ketchup didn't help. Enough said. Prices were too HIGH for the food quality across the board. In closing, if one wanted to toss back a few beers, sit at the bar or enjoy the outside view and enjoy ones company, this place is still just ok. Maybe for the local watering hole this is the place. Hopefully Man vs Food didn't ruin it for the locals?

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for an appetizer and beer while we waited for some other friends to get ready. Their crab dip appetizer was amazing. They had boddington beers, which was a nice treat, as you don't fund those very often. We didn't eat dinner there, but its on the water and there was a group of locals hanging out there that worked t the longboat key resort. This rating was solely on the crab dip, conch fritters, and beer selection.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Its been a year since we last ate at the Old Salty Dog. We love their Grouper sandwiches and that's why we returned. We were not disappointed. The grouper arrived piping hot and it was delicious as always. The one complaint we had this time is that the flies were driving us crazy. We constantly had to wave our hands over our plates to keep them off of our food. There was little wind and in retrospect we should have asked our waitress to have a fan turned on.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My first day of vacation in Longboat Key and my credit card info was stolen from there. They used it to buy train tickets in Spain. But before I known of that my lunch I ordered was nasty. I got the lobster roll, it smelled like bad fish and the bread was stale. I don't know what has changed since last year but it not the same place.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We enjoyed a dinner with the family here recently and sat out on the deck which felt great. The grouper sandwiches were a big hit. The deep fried hot dog my nephew got was awesome according to him. It did look pretty amazing with so much on it. The service was good and we had a good time.