“Excellent Food”
Review of Carr's Corner Cafe

Carr's Corner Cafe
Ranked #480 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I went to Carr's today for lunch and all I can say is, "What took me so long?" Right now open for lunch 10:30 to 2:30 Monday through Friday
Had a great burger perfectly cooked and seasoned with fresh spinach, tomato, pickles, feta cheese and a scrumptious red ...bell pepper spread and also served with tzatziki. My cup of soup was a creamy Curry with tortellini and mushrooms. Very good and had the other half of the burger to take home for later. This restaurant has been on the North Trail for many years and the gal that owns it makes delicious food and also caters to Vegans. I will be back!

1  Thank sweetiemast

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Were we lucky to find this? TripAdvisor served us well again. Looked for nearby places when we left mini-golf, hot, tired, and famished.

Fresh salad and soup and 2 kinds of homemade quiche. My daughter had the last piece of spinach quiche but there was still a slice of apple blue-cheese for me. My side salad was delicious but the fresh fruit bowl looked even better. And my picky grandson liked his turkey sandwich and even ate some Kiwi.

3  Thank Donna A
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is a small but seemingly popular breakfast and lunch restaurant only open Mon. through Fri. from 10:30 to 2:30 p.m. We've been here a few times when visiting Sarasota for a week or more but wish it was also open when we come to that town only on weekends. My husband commented that business must be good if they can be open only four hours a day, five days a week.

Salads are often a specialty there and they are creative and delicious. Hamburgers are served on whole wheat buns. We will return when possible.

2  Thank Barbara V
Reviewed 4 February 2014

What a delightful surprise to find this place. Freshly prepared food, pies baked daily, homemade soups made daily and a friendly bunch of women running the place. A surprisingly variety of vegetarian offerings. I'd definitely go back if I get back in that area.

3  Thank MJ I
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Don't let the exterior fool you because the food is freshly prepared with a homemade touch. I went with a friend who was familiar with the place and I was thinking, "oh my, where are we going." Well, the service was superb and the food delicious. The salads are fresh and taste like homemade. The quiche was tasty with great crust and generous filling. They have homemade desert delights and offer daily lunch specials. I saw someone with a yummy stacked sandwich and look forward to trying one of those. The owner is present and walks around checking on customers; that's a nice touch. Good little restaurant with a personal touch.

2  Thank Cyn K