“Excellent!!!”

Ranked #322 of 1,051 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sarasota's best Italian restaurant & Pizzeria. As soon as you walk in the aromas will bring you back to Sunday dinners at Nonna's house. Serving the best food for over 10 years. Voted Best Pizza and Best Speciality Pizza. Serving thin crust hand tossed NY style pizza. Excellent chicken, veal & seafood dishes. Extensive list of Salads and vegetarian options. Famous bruschetta appetizer like no other. Homemade sinful creamy tiramisu. Cozy, casual atmosphere.
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

The food was amazing. Great balance of old world favors, done in a fresh modern way. The atmosphere was very warm and inviting. Sweetheart of a server that we had. Coming from NY, best pizza I have ever had ! Love it .

There are newer reviews for Francesco's New York PIzzeria & Restaurant

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Me and my wife went there for dinner. I had the grouper picatta and my wife had the veal cannelloni. Everything was perfect, the food was very tasty, worth what we paid....service was fantastic! Our server was really nice, she recommend to us the perfect wine for our food choice, I had a Pinot Grigio very nice and dry for my grouper and my wife a nice red blend for her cannelloni, I can tell that our server elanor I think, likes what she is doing,she was really patient, she answer to every question we asked and also we finally found a place where servers smile and like stop a little while to talk to their customer, I think that the servers are all Italian, every Italian restaurant should have Italian servers. The atmosphere was nice but too much light inside that place! Five stars to this restaurant!

Reviewed 26 September 2013

It was great seeing a nice family oriented restaurant on vacation my first time to Florida and on our first evening there we ate at Francesco's and the service and food there was absolutely fantastic our waitress was so nice to us and i felt like i had been there my whole life. We had a little bit of everything from Antipasto to Calamari and desert just a cozy place I would highly recommend Francesco's

Reviewed 7 September 2013

My wife and I have eaten here numerous times when we are vacationing in Sarasota. The food is always very good. We're from Rhode Island which has many fine Italian restaurants but we had a hard time finding ones that we liked here. The sweet tasting tomato sauce at Francesco's keeps bringing us back, however. We also think they have one of the better pizzas in Sarasota. Good pizza also seems to be more common up north than down here. Francesco's bruschetta is fantastic. We order bruschetta on every visit. Prices are also reasonable. It's located in kind of a run down little strip mall.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

This is a small family owned restaurant. It is kind of hard to find but worth the trip. A couple of friends recommended it & I'm glad we went! The salad was good,the pizza crust was thin (the way I like it) & the cheese was fine. My companion had eggplant parmesian-which he said was was as good as Grandma's! Our server was wonderful-he took great care of us. (Jason I think).
Glad we found this little gem!