“Not great but not bad”

Dino's Pizza
Ranked #669 of 1,114 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Have been here a few times for the pizza lunch buffet. The pizza is pretty good, they just seem to run out quickly and you have to wait around for them to bring out more. The staff there is friendly and they even tell you they will make the kind of pizza you want if you don't see it on the buffet table, so I thought that was nice. The price also includes a salad bar with a few different dressings, I just wish they would offer a low fat version of Ranch or Italian too! They also have a few different kinds of pasta and sauces to choose from, but I just stick with the pizza and salad.

I agree that the place seems a little run down. Obviously they don't care much about their decor here, and it also seems a little dark. It would probably help if they did a little remodeling. I'll still go back on my next visit since I do like the pizza, they just need to work out a few kinks.

2  Thank Sunfire1

Reviewed 29 December 2011

We got Dino's pizza once now and it was good. I can't really comment on the actual restaurant other than I had to wait significantly longer on my pizza than I originally thought I would due to someone placing a huge order in front of me. Not a big deal though. I actually like the look of the restaurant inside when I picked up my pizza. It was old and had a very "local hang out" type vibe going on. Nothing fancy but sometimes that's ok and can even work to a restaurants advantage.

As far as our pizza, it hasn't been our favorite pizza here in Sarasota but it certainly is tasty and the price is good. I will definitely go back at some point, next time to possibly eat inside. I would consider giving this establishment a higher rating as I did like their pizza but we have had REALLY good pizza here in Sarasota and this wasn't quite as good. Still, it's less money than the other places and is certainly a lot better than the chain restaurants like Pizza Hut and Domino's. Give their pizza a try, I know I'll be back at some point.

Reviewed 9 September 2011

The wife and I visited Dino's upon our arrival into Sarasota and stumbled upon the restaurant. We figured with a name line "Dino's", how could we go wrong with pizza from there? We were wrong. The pizza was fairly greasy (not in a good way) and lacked any real flavor or taste. The resaurant itself was just rundown. The tables felt dirty, booth seats were torn and we were left with a "scuzzy" type feeling.

Reviewed 27 May 2011

Good pizza is hard to come by in Sarasota, but I finally found a place in Dino's.

Only $6 and I got a small pizza and pasta buffet with a small dessert bar.

Really good pizza and decent pasta.

Coke drinks are an extra 1.79.

Reviewed 25 May 2009

Their pizza buffet is a good value. Good selection of Pizzas....would definitely recommend.