“Everything is Exceptional. Straight from Italy!”
Review of Mangia Italiano The Usual Place - CLOSED

Mangia Italiano The Usual Place
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a great place to go for dinner with friends, family or even alone. All is fabulous starting with the wine and appetizers, next the awesome entrees and finally the decadent deserts. Summer is the best time to check them out as it is less crowded than in season.

1  Thank 643sherylg

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just went to this restaurant tonight as recommended by my husband's client. Sadly the experience was not favorable:( There were too my negatives to give this restaurant a fair review. I honestly found the staff lacked awareness of their duties & more importantly their guests even though the restaurant was almost empty. The food was way below average of any decent Italian restaurant. It was obviously the food was not fresh, too many examples to give but the Sole which my husband ordered was mostly raw!! He got a reheated version! I'm so disappointed I don't even want to mention the other complains! If people want an truly amazing real Italian experience in Sarasota please visit Andrea's! Some people think they know Italian food, they really don't! And no we will never return!!

1  Thank Kate W
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I'm picking my brains off the floor because my mind was blown. Amazing food, service, and atmosphere! Best Italian food I've had in a very long time.

1  Thank Adam C
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Best kept secret for Italian food in Sarasota. Those who have been to Italy will appreciate the real Italian (vs American Italian) food. Menu offers great choice of broad range of vegetables, meat, fish, brick oven pizza. Not only delicious but healthy. Nice choice of wines. Pleasant and attentive staff.

2  Thank Iffer51
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Probably the best kept secret for wonderful authentic Italian food in Sarasota. Freshly made pizza by the yard with a thin crust that is not overpowerd by a load of cheese. Pasta, fish, meat, soups, salads we tried it all and were never disappointed. Decent wine list. Casual, family friendly, personable service. One of our favorite restaurants in Sarasota.

1  Thank FoodieM3