“Another FANTASTIC night!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Painting With a Twist

Painting With a Twist
More attraction details
Owner description: Uncork your inner artist! Come enjoy an evening out with friends, have a date night, celebrate a special occasion, or come alone and meet new people! Bring your favorite wine, beer, soda, snacks, etc. and have a pARTy. We supply everything you need to complete your masterpiece, including a local artist. No Experience Required!
Sarasota, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Another FANTASTIC night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

A big THANK YOU to Connie and Phil for another great class. This was my 3rd time to PWAT and I think its safe to say I am hooked. This has become my regular "weekend fun" hobby. If you are looking for the super formal art instruction this is not the place! Everyone here is fun, upbeat, and lively. Music is playing, people are dancing....and tattoo and mustache painting is encouraged :)

The crowd is a mix from young to old, kids paintings are usually held earlier in the day and evenings are more for adults. Gather a few friends, or go it alone. I typically attend by myself and always meet new people to chat with. How can you not laugh when the person sitting next to you has painted a mustache on herself! Everyone I've is super friendly.

In-between the partying the instructor is taking you LITERALLY stroke by stroke through your painting. He/she is doing the painting WITH you, not just trying to explain how. They demonstrate each step, then come around to help if needed. This place is geared more to those who are NOT artistically inclined. As stated over and over in the other reviews, you will be pleasantly surprised at how your painting turns out. For those with more advanced art abilities they offer an "open studio" type of class where you can pick your own painting to do with less "step by step" instruction.

For $35 you really cant go wrong. I feel the price is absolutely fair. If you go to a craft store to purchase the canvas, brushes, and paint, you're spending pretty close to that amount anyway. Here, I get all the supplies AND someone cleans up my mess! Priceless!

Side Note: super excited for the Bradenton location to open!

Visited August 2014

“Hesitant at first but oh boy was I wrong!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

My friend invited me for her grandmother's 70th birthday party our ages ranged from 21 to 70 and we all enjoyed ourselves immensely our inductors were connie and rolph and they really made this experience absolutely wonderful!!!!!! I cannot even think of one negative thing about our experience no one in our party had any creative ability but they were able to teach us to paint in a way that was fun and exciting as well as relaxing we have all decided to go once a month for a girls night out. Connie and rolph I cannot wait to be in your class again!!

Cedar Falls, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun and different.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I'm by no means an artist or have I really enjoyed art but this was fun. Bring your favorite adult beverages and some snacks. Then paint. Easy and fun.

Sarasota, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun for all!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

If you are looking for a great time to have with friends, family, co-workers, or even alone, this is the place for you. I am not artistic AT ALL, yet I had a great time. This is definitely something I will be doing over and over again. Thank you, Chelsea, for a great time. You are a great teacher and have the patience of a saint!!! There are so many pictures to choose from and they will do private parties as well! I cannot wait to go back!

Visited August 2014
Sheri P, Owner at Painting With a Twist, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank You! We can't wait for you to come back!
Sarasota, Florida
“Must do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was so much fun! I brought my mom for her birthday. Neither of us have any artistic abilities and we were both very happy with our work! Our instructor was Dan and he led the class at a great pace! The class was all different ages and everyone had a great time! Definitely a must do :)

Visited August 2014
Happy Birthday to your mom! We're so glad you guys had a great time. Thank you!