“The Real Deal!”
Review of Randabi's Deli - CLOSED

Randabi's Deli
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Ordered one corned beef and one pastrami sandwich accompanied by a pickle and cole slaw. OMGosh, the best we've had since New York! Meat sliced thin, piled high and delicious with homemade 1000 island dressing. If you want a REAL New York style sandwich, this is the place!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

On the window of Randabi's it says "Best chopped liver in town", they don't lie, it's the best chopped liver I ever had in a commercial establishment. My husband's corned beef sandwich was also the best he's had in ages. A full 1 1/2 to 2" of corned beef on excellent rye bread. The meat was tender and lean and hot! We shared a soda. The ambiance is not great, but hey, it's a deli and the wait is a bit long, but well worth it. The sandwiches come with cole slaw and pickle. We could not finish our sandwiches and took half home and enjoyed the other half for supper. Wow what a bargain. They have an extensive menu and are open Monday through Thursday from l
11 AM to 9 PM, Friday and Sat from 11-10 and Sunday from 12-8PM. We can't wait to try some of the other menu offerings like Matzo Ball soup and some nightly specials Wednesday - Saturday like Goulash, Stuffed Cabbage, Fish & Chips and Brisket of Beef. What a find!

3  Thank Jacqueline T
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I wach you handle my food ... Please return to be a mechanic !
I tasted your food and had to spit it away !
Hey guys, handeling food and oferring it to paying customers is a profesion and an art.
Have it or not.

You definitely do NOT have it !
You loosing money! Heard your neightbors are saying ,you serve "Goal Nefesh" food.
Change your attitude,menu, and put some uniforms. The clean ones.
, Shame! You look like did not have the financial help to see and taste foods in the Old World and Beyond before this venture.
Eat in the jewish quarter of Buenos Aires,tast they Pastramy,Paris,Salonika,Tunis,"NY,Philly ,Miami ,L.A, 20 years ago" And Israel witht thousands of way how to make a really good,satisfying ,nutricious DELIcious meal.

Like 30,50,100 yars old eateries own and operated by family members and their staff .
Stick to the basics of the Poor Jew cooking .One pot cuisine or the food of Ha Aretz.

5  Thank SarasotaSeeFood
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Amazing chopped liver...don't miss it. We tried the matzo ball soup and it was great.The corned beef and pastrami sandwiches were very good - the meat was nice and lean. Only complaint would be is that they need to get better rye bread. The texture was a bit too soft, not the usual Jewish rye bread you expect in a deli. Service was friendly and good. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I had my NY friends over and read a review about how great this restaurant/deli was, so we decided to go for dinner. We got there at 6pm and also read that the knish's were really good but they were out of them. So I ordered the matzo ball soup and when I touched the matzo ball it fell apart and there were no carrots or anything in it except broth. We all ordered the double fried French fries that were good but when our sandwiches came they did not taste like real corn beef, my one friend had the reuban and said it was not good and we 3 had corn beef and pastrami which we never tasted the pastrami and u never tasted the pastrami all it tasted like was a salty sandwich and I am thinking it was deli slice's not the real corn beef u get from a real Jewish deli. we told the waitress and they took 10% off the bill and we will never go back there again for a sandwich that was salty and the bread was not warm.

3  Thank rosabean
Jerry T, Owner at Randabi's Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

I am genuinely sorry this person feels this way, but I have to say it doesn't surprise me. You know when someone first comes in and treats the waitress sourly, you kind of know how the rest is going to go, but you try to be optimistic. In their case it didn't help. To their credit they were right...at least in part. Sometimes things are just out of your control and the best you can do is be up front and say you are sorry. We brine and or cook 5 out of the 7 meats we carry on sight. Corned beef and pastrami are the 2 we do not because of volume and space. We do carry National Deli which is a very good brand. This party happened to get corned beef from a new piece that had just been opened and I admit it was more salty than normal. They brought it to our attention and I tried it and pulled the rest of that corned beef. The problem is that they didn't bring it up until they were 3/4 through their meal and only when the waitress went back to check on them. As a manager and an owner I have to evaluate a complaint and act accordingly. Their sandwiches would have been salty at the first bite, if the complaint would have come in then I would have offered to re-make their meal and offer a dessert for their trouble. Because they ate the entire meal before they complained I happily offered a 10% discount and I offered a dessert on the house. That part they didn't mention! I believe because I didn't comp the entire check we were hit with this review. This person has reviewed 20 eating establishments anonymously and given over half a poor or terrible review. There is something about anonymous reviews that looses credibility. We were out of knishes because it was a busy day and we make them fresh on site and sometimes we get hit hard and we run out. We are new and learning our guests. As for the soup.... How would that happen??? The soup is served with the chicken and carrots that it is created with. Matzo balls are soft and you cut them with a spoon. Another question with no real answer. And why didn't they find it important to mention it then instead of eating all the soup. Finally, warm bread??? If it were a Rueben it was toasted in a press at 390 degrees, a sandwich would not have warm bread. I’m baffled... But then I reflect upon my opening statement about seeing trouble coming in the door. A review should be helpful not anonymous and mean. I can understand a problem and constructive criticism and I want that, but out to hurt someone’s business by posting untruths is wrong and should not be tolerated. Anyone rreading this review is welcome to come in and ask for a sample of anything free of charge... Try the matzo balls they are the bomb ...so is the chopped liver!!!