“Maybe it's a Philly thing....”

Gentile Bros Authentic Cheesesteaks
Ranked #50 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 4 March 2014

As a Canadian, and an avid foodie, I don't really understand how this is the #1 rated place in Sarasota, but maybe it's because I just don't understand the philly cheesesteak concept. It was fine, but certainly didn't wow me.

2  Thank SRSM

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

This place is beyond amazing! You can't find a better Philly in the area! I don't live too close but whenever I'm in the area I always look forward to my stop here :)

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Not much to say except that the sandwiches are great as are the fries.
We have tried others and they don't compare,so all I can say is try it and
I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Im from Philadelphia and was vacationing in Sarasota when i got the craving for a Philly Cheesesteak. Some locals told me to check out Gentile Bros Cheesesteaks so i did and man i was glad! Friendly atmosphere and delicious cheesesteaks, couldn't get over the fact that they had the same bread from Philly i like! Be sure to check them out if your in the Sarasota area!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I am moving to Lakewood Ranch so I was looking for a place to get my favorite "Cheese steaks" being from PA I have to know where the nearest place is to take care of my regular cravings currently living in St. Pete I find myself self taking weekly trips to Sarasota often bringing a friend along to get them to taste what I have been raving about so much, because I am such a big Philly Cheesesteak fan I generally don't even look at the rest of the menu but I did look up and see on their sign that they offer a HUGE Cheese steak they call the Clemenza so now pretty much that has become a staple in my diet lol. When I move across the bridge I will start trying other things on their menu, the owners truly care about putting out great tasting food and are very sociable with their customers and make sure your happy what more can you ask for ? I highly recommend them and will continue to be a regular customer can't wait to move to cut down on the drive time and try more things.