“a real philly cheesesteak!”

Gentile Bros Authentic Cheesesteaks
Ranked #13 of 1,148 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 12 April 2014

A pleasant surprise - a real Philly cheesesteak in Sarasota. The owners have the bread flown in from Philly. In a small plaza off on Tamiami Trail, family run with friendly owners who love to learn where their patrons are from. Went for an early dinner after an Orioles Spring training game. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I am from Baltimore so I missed having a good cheesesteak here in Sarasota. I found this place searching through Yelp an decided to give it a try. I am glad I did! I ordered a cheesesteak and fries and they were both awesome! They use Amarosa hoagie roll flown in from Philly and shaved rib eye beef. The food was served piping hot in little to no time. I would highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

May be 'cause we're from Chicago, but we have eaten the real deal in Philly. These are 'pretty good' but not over the moon. No fountain drinks and fries aren't my liking, but nice family-run business and supporting these over chains is always a positive choice!

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best cheesesteak I have had ever since I lived back home in Philadelphia. They use Amarosa hoagie rolls imported from Philadelphia and 100% rib eye beef. They are moist and the flavor is amazing. If you want a taste of Philly without leaving Sarasota then go on into Gentile Bros. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody in the area.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I stumbled upon this place after seeing a menu. We lived in South Jersey for a few years and experienced authentic Philadelphia cheesesteaks, which are hard to find elsewhere. We ordered a cheesesteak and an eggplant/mozzarella and marinara hoagie. They were both delicious. The bread is flown in from Philly, the marinara is homemade and the steak is top quality. The owner and his son are very friendly and we enjoyed chatting with them. We will definitely be back! Try this little gem, you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank Mfoster3