“THE REAL DEAL---NO GREEN PEPPERS !!!”

Gentile Bros Authentic Cheesesteaks
Ranked #53 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Saw an ad in a local paper for Philly Cheesesteaks. Had the Liberty Bell in the ad. OK...Been in Fl. for over 4 years, time to get my "fix" of some REAL Philly Cheesesteaks. Drove from Englewood (worth the trip) and as soon as we walked in...you just knew it was FOR REAL.
The rolls...sure giveaway...the cheese...another giveaway....and the meat....OK !!! ALLRIGHT !!! So good to hear the "accents" of the owners...Used to live in South Jersey, so frequent trips "across the Bridge" to South St. and the Italian Market made me want to order TONS of Cheesesteaks and give them to my friends who "think" they know a good Cheesesteak. Oh...HEAVEN !!! I closed my eyes and knew FINALLY !!! THE REAL DEAL !!! I truly do not know why people here "think" a Cheesesteak has green peppers on it, some horrible roll and "mystery meat". Gentile's needs a South St. sign and you would swear you were back in Philly...Gotta go back...gotta go back...gotta go back...NOW !!!

2  Thank lizzietis62

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband was born and raised right outside of Philly and he knows his cheesesteaks. He says these are the best he's tasted - just like home! I love how fresh the bread is and the onions are perfection! The guys running the place are awesome . . . as long as you aren't a Dallas fan, but then who is? :) Love the Philly sports on the wall - everything was just great! We have become regulars.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

These guys are a class act with GREAT food and service!! They treat you right and take care of you from the moment you walk in. Pay them a visit. You wont regret it!!

1  Thank scottrill
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was fortunate enough to recently experience Gentile Bros and I can tell you it was AWESOME! Portions were HUGE, food fresh and hot, made to order. Could not ask for more!!

1  Thank dawnmaley
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I'm from the Philadelphia area and I've been in FL for four years. To have these guys a half hour away is worth the trip! Amoroso's rolls, philly steak wit and I'm in heaven! They treat you like family as soon as you walk in the door! Great sandwich well wort the trip for me. And by the way, just like most restaurants around here, they are closed on Sunday!

2  Thank Joe M