Lido Islander
Good 3.5/5
US$114
HIExpress.com
Very Good 4/5
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$98
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$296
US$217
Priceline
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsarmand's circlewalking distance to the beachliving roomfull kitchenceiling fanminute walk to stthe location is perfectcoffee potanna maria islandsitting areadowntown sarasotasiesta keylidosofaroomygrill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great location out of the realm of normal touristy hotels. It was a short walk to all of the great shops and restaurants of St. Armand's Circle and a short walk to the beach the other direction. Situated in a beautiful neighborhood, the Lido Islander is a hidden gem.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank 007bubbles
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The area is very nice however our unit was not. As in the other reviews blinds don't work lamps were partially broken etc... Two things really bothered us, we could hear everything in the room next to ours and the worst was the work area outside our kitchen window that did not close. The nice cleaning sets up shop right outside and is looking in your window and talking everyday. My children got the scope on how their love lives were going and men are just looking for sex to every other topic imaginable. The weather was bad a couple days so we had to spend more time in the unit which is not their fault. For the money this was subpar at best a hell hole at worst. See pic for the lovely work area where all the towels are stored as well as anything else.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank johnnyrocket2014
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The towels are shabby; the blinds are broken; there is dirt behind the blind in the bathroom.

The description said steps to the beach"; I never expected to walk 3 blocks!

Pay attention to the reviews.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank senoraem
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We booked this inn from the UK because of its position and fairly good reviews. The first thing we noticed was the strong musty smell. We took one look at the dark, hot little room with no air conditioning, a few wire coat hangers hanging over the boiler and decided we would cut our losses and look for another room elsewhere. We had three suitcases and there was absolutely no room for them. Dreadful place, please do not waste your money staying here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gingerpip
Lidoislander, Manager at Lido Islander, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

We are sorry that you did not enjoy the room that you booked. We have a number different size rooms. It appears that you picked the Guest Room or the Standard Room, which is are smallest room type. The Guest Room is an affordable option for many who want to enjoy the exclusive Lido Key area and still pay an affordable nightly rate. The units all have central a/c. We do have larger units with full kitchen, that may have a room more suitable for you.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The location is great, just .5 from St. Armand's Circle, and about the same from the beach. You are surrounded by beautiful mansions and landscaping. But this place is disgusting. And the service was awful. I had booked the room 3 weeks in advance, and it was the only thing I could find between Anna Maria Island and Sarasota, as it's Spring Break. As I looked more closely at the website I decided that the 'guest room' was not what I wanted. I called once a week to check the availability of something larger. A young guy answered, always on a cell driving, with just "yes" or "no" answers - terrible customer service. He kept telling me the place was booked. So... we arrived a bit late on the 1st day - keys were in the room, and I say the word "room" loosely. It's basically a bed and bathroom. The mini-fridge and toaster are in the closet. It was cool out, so we weren't initially concerned about a/c, but noticed there were vents and no controls. I have lived in FL for 33 yrs and have never stayed anywhere that did not have an air conditioner! Thank God we were having a mini 'cool' front and were able to crank open the windows the 1st night. The 2nd night I had to call the "manager" (another loose term) to ask him to please give us some a/c. Apparently the controls are in the suite Next Door. Really?? Ridiculous. Also, the floors were dirty and in the bathroom there were hairs on the floor, so it was obvious the floors hadn't even been swept, much less mopped. I had called ahead to see if there would be a blow dryer in the room, and there was. But while blow drying my hair it fell apart in my hands! Also, they don't clean the rooms while you are there. You walk outside the room and the laundry area is right there (ground floor). When I asked for towels I was told to help myself. There was a very grungy container that you could get your own towels from. I could not find ANY that were not stained or with holes. I felt dirty just being there. In the morning hours the housekeepers (??) were outside chatting loudly - it sounded like they were in the room with us. Never Again!

Room Tip: Great location. Terrible customer service. Dirty rooms. No a/c controls. Disgusting.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple