“A Good Dinner”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The location of this restaurant is one reason we chose it that evening. The shopping plaza it's in is directly across the street from a church that had a jazz concert that evening, making it easy and convenient for us to attend both venues.

Our service and dinners were excellent. People nearby had some problem with their food being undercooked, I believe. The manager came by instantly and solved their problem, being patient and cordial with them. Then she stopped at other tables, including ours, for a bit of chat and asking about our meals. I thought that was a nice tough.

There are newer reviews for Outback Steakhouse Lockwood Ridge

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Walked into this Outback and stood waiting for approximately 5 minutes, having been totally ignored by 2 hostesses who were trying to accommodate a disgruntled family who had asked to be moved...when we were eventually seated we were offered a table which was squashed between 2 very large parties, making LOTS of noise & obviously the table the previous family had asked to be moved from! The server 'Derek' came to take our drinks order when my partner was in the restroom & his attitude clearly wasn't of someone who wanted to be there! as I'd had no time to view the drinks menu, my requests were just a shaking of the head rather than 'I'm sorry we don't have that'. We ordered our food which was very average & received the usual insincere requisite of 'have a fantastic evening' - clearly some of the staff need to go on a retraining course in customer care.

1  Thank Redtracycaroline
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Since I live in Englewood, I certainly frequent more of the Outbacks in my own area, but today I had the chance to go to this one in Sarasota and what a delight it has been. The decor is so different from all the other Outbacks, open spaces, very soothing ambiance, really big difference from all the others. Outstanding service by Miss Kelly I could not have asked for better - she could not have been more attentive (yet not obtrusive) and even the manager, named Kat (as in Katherine) took the time to check things out and when I pointed out a minor problem, she promptly took it upon herself to correct it. I was amazed and extremely pleased, this will not be the last time I go there, that's for sure!

1  Thank mamamia70
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This was the first time at this location and it did not fail me. Service was good and the waiter was friendly and knew is menu. The food was really good, my wife and I got the tilapia with a sweet potato and we would get it again, the flavor was really really good.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Expected a little more for the price. Food was sort of bland. I've had better at an Outback. Service was just fine, however.